Chapter 66: "All I Want..."

I want to say really quick that the reason this chapter is so long is because I didn't want to drag out the events covered in this part for multiple chapters. I didn't reach my goal of 8,000 words but this is still by far the longest thing I have ever written. Hope you all enjoy! (New Optional chapters will come out a few days after this part's publishing)

Have a great day!

~~~~~~

["All I want... is freedom."- Yato Nashu]

Pain erupts from Yato's face as he opens his eyes after returning to consciousnesses. Just a few moments ago, Yato briefly witnessed your C-Type awakening, an event that was both awe inspiring and nearly life ending. Blood pools from his mouth and face as pain pulsates through his jaw, left eye, and nose. He struggled to breathe under these conditions, only adding onto the pain.

He picks himself up out of a crater he created upon landing within a wooded area far from the city of Okasu. Trees were splintered all around him and rocks blanketed his body. Your fully charged punch expelled enough power to fling Yato miles away from the initial battle area. 

His baseball cap was no where to be seen.

Yato: That- kid-

Yato drags his mostly broken body to a small stream nearby. Walking was a difficult task as both of his legs wanted to give out with every step, but he manages to reach the water despite the numerous difficulties. 

He then leans over to the flowing water and looks at his reflection. 

Yato: That kid- did- the impossible-

Yato's face was a complete mess. His nose was broken and crooked, his left eye was swollen shut, and he was missing almost all of the teeth on the left side of his mouth. He was spiting out broken shards of teeth as he drank from the stream. 

Yato: I might- be in over my head- 

Exhaustion finally catches up the shattered man, causing him to flop over on his back facing the sky. 

The pain got worse. 

Yato: What do- I do- Dad? I just- fucked my plan up- I was too cocky- too curious- all I wanted was to see the kid- I JUST WANT TO SAVE HIM- SAVE US!

A large storm cloud rolls overhead releasing droplets of water onto Yato's body. 

Memory of Yato's Father: Being a Psychic doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing... There are people who are going to try to stop you, but by proving them wrong, you come out on top... Your grandpa stood up to his peers by showing them his caring character, so my advice to you is to do the same... Show the Psychic community you care about them-

Yato: I'm trying... BUT THEY WON'T LISTEN TO ME! THAT MONSTER, PHOEBE NANIA AND HER FELLOW 'HEROES', KEEP SILENCING ME! 

Memory of Yato's Father: I love you kiddo, I know you can do anything you set your mind to... Today, I'm presenting my new device to the Hero Association! I'm sure they'll love it and soon enough, all Psychics like you and my dad can walk the streets of this world without a problem!

Yato: Your device... 

Yato slips back into unconsciousness as the shock of his wounds sets in, leaving him stranded in the woods...

Alone...

Broken... 

Lost...

~~~~Kensaki Hospital~~~~