Optional Chapter: Kirishima 3

You lay in your hospital bed early in the morning watching colorful butterflies congregate on the window next to your bed. Their beautiful color coated wings reflected small rays of the early morning sunlight right into your room causing you to smile. 

You: It's sad to know that butterfly season will be ending soon... at least I get to see them now-

Your peaceful thoughts were cut off by the door to your room opening. On the other side was Kirishima carrying a tray of various breakfast foods. 

Kirishima: Okay, so I got cereal, oranges, granola bars, apples, protein powder, raisins-

You: -Wait, 'protein powder'? Kiri, I'm bed ridden- I can't exercise. 

Kirishima: Oh, that's for me. 

You: Then why did you say- never mind. Throw me a granola bar.

Kirishima tosses a few granola bars onto your chest. Then he sets up a tray next to your bed so he could eat along side you. 

You had been awake for about three days since your run in with The League of Villains and Yato. Kirishima dropped by the previous day with a bag full of clothes and various things for entertainment. He stayed the night to keep you company but his full reason for wanting to stay was unknown. 

You turned back toward the window to get a look at the butterflies again. They were playfully dancing around each other. 

While you were distracted with the insects outside, Kirishima put down the orange he was peeling. His eyes wondered up to your bandaged face. The way your skin was lit up by the warm morning sun sent a wave of equally warm feelings through his heart. 

It had been a  while since Kirishima was truly alone with you away from your classmates, so he was savoring each and every second he got.

You: Hey, Kirishima-

You brought him out of his emotional trance. 

Kirishima: Uh-yeah?

You: Why are you here? Actually, I should word that better- Why did you spend the night? 

Kirishima: Um... well... incase that Yato jerk comes around here! Or Toga! I'm here to be your wall!

Kirishima stood up while pumping his fist in the air to sell his reasoning. 

But...

...That explanation couldn't be further from the truth.

In reality, Kirishima was afraid of the deeper feelings he had for your, hiding them from the world. Through out the months, Kirishima developed what he could only describe as a close friendship with you, then he had a private talk with one of his closest friends, Mina Ashido, which flipped everything he thought he know about his feelings on it's head. She believed his feelings for you were much deeper than just friendship. When questioned, Kirishima admitted that he did imagine you as more than a friend. Kirishima trusted Mina and knew she was right. It was a strange reality to confront. Kirishima had never felt this way towards another person in all his years of living, male or female. 

But oddly enough, it wasn't Mina that inspired Kirishima to visit you in the hospital. It was someone else...

~~~The Previous Day~~~

Kirishima sat alone in the U.A dorm's kitchen area picking at a small sandwich he made for lunch. Normally he would have scarfed it down in seconds but his mind was busy with thinking about your recent hospitalization to even focus on the food in front of him.