Chapter 40: Into the Fire

40 chapters... how? I'm not even most of way through with this story yet... there's a LOT more of this story to come friends.

Hope you enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three.

Grueling.

Days.

That's how long the written portion of the exam took. Every subject had a test that was over one-hundreed question long. Your hand was pretty much permanently fixated in a pencil grip.

With the written part compleated, next came the practical. Your whole class was instructed to dress in your hero costumes and to meet Aizawa infront of a building you hadn't seen before.

The building was called 'The Practical Exam Area'. It was a giant lot with two buildings near the back. They were likely used to hold the exams in.

Your teachers stood infront of the class.

Mr. Aizawa.

Thirteen.

Present Mic.

Snipe.

Ectoplasm.

Cementoss.

Midnight.

And finally, Phoebe.

The line up of teachers worried you but you kept your head up and prepared for what was to come.

You indicator displayed 2% blue.

You: I'm super nervous and yet... it's so low. Has my quirk seriously improved that much?

Aizawa: Now then, let's begin the last test. Remember, it's possible to FAIL this final so if you want to go to summer camp, don't make any stupid mistakes.

Jiro: Uh, why are all the teachers here?

Aizawa: I believe most of you have gathered information to make an educated guess upon what you'll be faced with.

Kaminari: Killer robots!

Mina: Fire works! Smores! Here we come-

???: Actually students-

Aizawa's scarf starts to shift around. Principal Nezu crawls out from within it and drops to the ground.

You: HOW WAS HE IN THERE?!

Nezu: -this year's test will be compleatly different because of various reasons!

Yaoyorozu: You're changing things?

Nezu: The tests will have a new focus this time around! There will be hero work of course but also teamwork and combat between actual people. So what does that mean for you students?

No one answers.

Nezu: That's means you'll be working in pairs and your opponents will be one of your U.A teachers! Isn't that fabulous?!

You: Oh we are so screwed...

Mina: Agreed...

Aizawa: Additionally, your partners and opponents have ready been chosen. They were picked at my own discretion based on a number of factors including fighting style, grades, and inter-personal relationships. First is Yaoyorozu and Todoroki... against me!

He develops a disturbing smile. That was his 'I'm going to have fun with this' face.

Aizawa: Then theres Midoriya paired with Bakugo against-