Psychics

(F/N) (L/N)
Present Mic
Quirks 101

Psychics

Psychics and Society

In a world where children are born with quirks, unbelievable powers capable of going beyond the normal capabilities of the average human, it's hard to believe that there exists people whose powers are shunned by the rest of this superhuman society. These people are known as Psychics.

Psychics are put under their own classification of quirk archetype much like emitter quirks or transformation quirks. Their power stems from a mutation of the temporal lobe, causing their abilities to be directly tied to the emotions they feel. One can see where problems with this quirk type can become an issue when presented with that fact.

Untrained Psychics tend to struggle with controlling their quirk when placed under stressful situations, leading to accidents and unintentional harm. Because of this, Psychics are avoided in public and social spaces. Employers also have a heavy bias against hiring people with a Psychic quirk, thinking them to be nothing more than bad PR and liabilities.

This social scrutiny affects the Psychic population in a major way. Many find it hard to acquire a well paying job and live in poverty. The average Psychic will attempt to hide/suppress their quirk to hopefully get around being noticed as a Psychic but when the governments of the world began to identify people by their quirks, Psychics were essentially doomed in any social standing.

Most accept their unfortunate fates and live out their lives ignored by a society of heroes. Others took a different path... a darker path...

Villainy.

When the world turns it's back on an entire population, that population tends to turn it's back on the world. Entire groups of Psychics fight against the unfair treatment they're given and turn to a life of crime, embracing the destructive nature of their quirks. This rise is villainous Psychics created a stigma around the quirk archetype. The general population now had an even greater reason to shun Psychics with many turning to villainy.

The villain/Psychic stereotype affects many young and developing children born with this quirk, leading to even more villainous Psychics. It's a brutal, never ending, cycle.

But everything dark has a light counterpart.

Some Psychics fight agaisnt the stereotype and enter hero training academies to prove to the world that not all Psychics are dangerous or villains.

Their main struggle in a life of heroism is media sources dragging their names in the mud for controversy sake.

Few Psychic heroes are remembered by the public, for example Phoebe Nania, the Black Wind, is currently labeled as the number thirteen hero by the Hero Association but the media tends to ignore her good deeds to report on other heroes with more publically attractive quirks.

Psychics live a brutal, unfair society that fails them from the moment they're born but some choose to rise above the adversities for a better future.

The Quirk

The mutation of the Temporal Lobe in Psychics is the source of all their power.

When the brain sends out electrical signals through the nervous system of a Psychic, the electrons over charge and manifest in a multitude of different physical forms.

Psychics can manipulate these electrical manifestations to perform different actions such as:

Object Manipulation: By using the negatively charged electrons produced by their bodies, a Psychic can manipulate distant objects by connecting the electrical currents to the positively charged Protons inside of an object. This feat is possible on any solid matter but different object have different conductivity levels. Most metals are easy for a Psychic to manipulate while other non metal objects like rubber or wood require a lot of concentration to move around. Liquids such as water or other nonsolid items are near impossible to manipulate.