Chapter 36: A Race to the Finish!

Monday arrived without issue. You were eager to get back to some level of normalcy after the chaos of the past week.

You dawned your school outfit and left the apartment at Aizawa's side.

~~~~~~~~~~~At U.A~~~~~~~~~~

You walk through the glass doors that lead into U.A, go up the stairs, and walk directly to class 1A.

A few of your peers were already inside, waiting for class to begin.

Tenya Iida, Ochaco Uraraka, and Hanta Sero sat near your desk, talking about what happened durring their internships.

Uraraka sees you enter and calls you over with a gleeful smile on her face.

Ochaco: Yo (R/N)!

She waves you down.

You: Yo!

You stand with the trio, who of which instantly inquired about your internship.

Sero: What pro-hero did you end up with?

You: The Wild, Wild Pussycats of all people... they made me wear this choker with a bell on it and they kept calling me 'kitten'. I'm also pretty sure one of them was hitting on me...

Ochaco: Wait, aren't they all like, thirty?

You: That was the weird part.

You could feel Iida's gaze on you. His energy was conflicted about something concerning you.

You: Iida, I hate to pry about it, but weren't you attacked by that Stain guy?

Iida: Yes, I was.

His face shifts to guilt.

Iida: The other week, before we left, I was acting crassly towards you. The truth is, I was acting like that because my anger towards the Hero Killer got the best of me. I made a series of poor choices that ended up getting me harmed along with Midoria and Todoroki. I was a fool! And I hope you can forgive me!

He swiftly bows at a near perfect 90 degree angle.

You: No hard feelings man. I completely forgot all about that if I'm being honest.

More of your classmates trickle in one by one.

You: What about you Ochaco? What was your internship like?

Ochaco's energy takes an... interesting turn. She stands up and takes a series of fighting stances.

Ochaco: I was with the combat hero Gun-Head! He taught me all sorts of things about hand to hand combat!

You: Thats... frightening. Remind me not to pick a fight with you.

Ochaco: Better not!

You sense Kirishima walk in.

Sero gets up and walks over to him, inadvertently disbanding the small group.

You take your seat and silently watch the interactions between your classmates take place.

Jiro sits at the desk in front of you and turns around to talk.

Jiro: Good to be back?

You: Definitely. My internship went off the rails a few times.

Jiro: I feel you there. I was constantly busy.

You: What did you do durring your internship?

Jiro: I helped some rescue heroes in hostage situations. I gave them information about the villains and they handled the situation.