15 minutes 18

August

Today is the first game I'm allowed to play in as the drug test came back clean so for once, I actually woke up before Leah and I'm even dressed before 7am.

But I can't just let Leah sleep in.

Even though the game kicks off at 4pm...

"LEAAAAH" I yell before jumping onto her bed and rolling around in it.

"TATUM JONES GET OUT" she yells back and covers her head with the pillow.

"But look. I'm up and dressed before 7am, aren't you proud" I say with the biggest grin but she just groans and grabs my arm before pulling me down.

"I'm really proud of you but please let me sleep a little longer" she mumbles as she pulls me closer and I put my head on her chest before playing with her rings.

"Ok" I simply say as I'm too distracted to fight back.

Leah's alarm eventually goes off and she moves her hand to turn it off but it was the same hand that I was using.

"TJ give me my ring" she tiredly grumbles and holds me still as I try to run.

"But I got it fair and square" I retort with a pout.

"No, you took it when I was asleep and made the mistake of not leaving before I woke up" she's got a point there...

"Fine" I say and hand her, her ring before we both get up "I'm cooking breakfast" I say as I rush out of the room.

"NO, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED IN THE KITCHEN" I hear her shout back but I choose to ignore her.

You see, I kind of lit a teeny tiny fire in the kitchen when I forgot my porridge on the stove...

But in my defence I managed to put it out before I burnt the whole house down so I don't know what she's still on about.

A bagel with some cream, eggs, cheese and avocado sounds alright for me, Leah just eats this boring ham sandwich from Tesco, it's alright, but I couldn't eat it before every game.

"Oi" Leah comes rushing into the kitchen and straight over to the stove "You're not supposed to be cooking unless there's someone with you who remembers what you're doing for you" she says as she sits on the counter to watch me cook.

"I think you're a bit dramatic" I say as I glance over to her.

"I had to replace the bloody stove and the pot was ruined" she deadpans which causes me to laugh.

Kinda forgot about that...

I finish cooking my breakfast and get one of Leah's sandwiches from the fridge before I sit down at the table and start eating.

I really regret waking up so early since it's now 10am and we don't have to be there until 2pm so we can go over tactics and warmup for the 4pm kick off.

____________

"How's it going blondie" I ask him as I walk into the meeting room and he hands me a pen and paper.

He knows me to well.

"I'm good, I have a good feeling about this game, how about you" he asks with a smile and I take a seat.

"I'm excited to play, hopefully I'll get to annoy them a bit" I say with a smirk and he sighs before walking away.

I'm half listening while humming a tune in my head while blondie goes over tactics but I think I got the gist of it, it's basically.