Listen to me 34

My week of being grounded is finally over, so I decided to go to the park to get out of the house for a bit, and I'm glad I did.

I met a group of strangers when I got there, and they're really nice, but they're around my age.

Sonja's one year younger than me, and turns 16 in a few months. She's definitely the most similar to me, meaning, she's the trouble of the group.

Mike's the oldest of the group he just turned 19 a few weeks ago, and he's like the dad, so he makes sure that Sonja doesn't get arrested.

Bella's the same age as me, but her birthday's in January, so she's 17, and she's in a relationship with Mike. She's the one who doesn't really care what they're doing, and she's just tagging along for the ride.

The only con I could think about their group is that they're all drinking, which makes me want to join them, but I can't...

"How come your accent is Irish" Mike asks me with a curious look.

"I grew up there before moving here a year ago for a job" I say as I lean against the playground castle.

"What do you do" Sonja asks before taking a sip from the bottle and hanging it over to me.

One sip couldn't hurt...

"I'm a professional footballer" I casually say after taking a sip before passing the bottle to Bella.

"What team are you playing for" Sonja asks excitedly, which makes me chuckle before looking at the other two, and they're both looking at me in disbelief.

"Should you be drinking" Mike asks me with a concerned look that makes me smile and shake my head.

"I play for Arsenal, and I probably shouldn't be drinking, but what Leah doesn't know won't kill her" Sonja and Bella laugh while Mike shakes his head at me "Although it might kill me" I think out loud before shrugging.

"Wait...are you talking about Leah Williamson" I nod "You live with her" Sonja asks, so I nod.

"Yeah. She's my legal guardian, so I kind of have to, but I don't recommend getting on her bad side" I tell them before taking another sip "But how'd the 3 of you meet" I ask them as I pass the bottle back to Sonja.

"Mike's my cousin, so I've known him since birth, and I've known Bella since kindergarten, so we've all been friends for 11 or 12 years I think" Sonja says with a big smile on her face, and I let out a laugh as I nod.

"What about you, what's your story" Bella says, and she hasn't really said much so it surprises me.

"Uhh, I was born here, but my parents moved to Ireland a year after I was born, and they're pot heads who didn't use protection and had a kid when they were 15, so I started smoking when I was about 9 or 10" I say as I'm trying my hardest to remember.

"I've been playing football since I was about 5, but I was always switching teams since I had a habit of getting into trouble, and getting expelled from school" I say, which makes Sonja laugh, while Mike looks at me in shock, and Bella's just listening.

"I met my best friend at my last school. Her name was AJ, and she was a year older than me. We were literally glued together from the moment we met, and when we didn't have school or training we went to the cow field to drink and smoke. She was actually the one who accepted the offer from Arsenal for me" I say and let out a chuckle as I start to remember all the times that we skipped school, so we could go to the cow field to get smashed.

"Wait, why was she the one that accepted the offer" Bella asks curiously before she finishes the bottle and takes out a new one.

"How many more do you bloody have" Mike asks in a shocked tone, and Bella gives him the finger as she opens the bottle and hands it to me.