Dallas🖤

You Care

Dallas Winston was someone that didn't need anyone. He could handle himself, and he wouldn't allow anybody to help him, no matter the circumstances. That's why I was surprised when I opened up my door at one in the morning, and he was standing on my doorstep, bruised and bloody.

"I didn't know where else to go." He said, avoiding looking into my eyes. I nodded, stepping to the side to let him in. He sat on my couch, careful  not to stain it as I brewed up a fresh pot of coffee. I handed him a steaming mug, and sat down across from him with my own. He sipped carefully, lost in thought. I watched him, holding my mug in both my hands, ignoring the burn. When he set down his mug I spoke.

"Can I fix you up?" I asked, expecting him to say no, and to get up and leave, but he didn't. He simply nodded and followed me to the bathroom. I sat on the counter, Dally standing nervously between my legs, letting me dab alcohol on the cut on his temple. He watched me work, eventually breaking into a smile. 

"What?" I asked, meeting his gaze for a moment. 

"You're beautiful when you're focused." He said simply. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, but I kept a straight face.

"Thanks." I replied. I put a band-aid over the cut and began wiping at the dried blood under his nostrils. 

"Do you know why I came here?" He whispered, his breath fanning across my face. He smelled like Marlboro reds. I shook my head no, wiping at more dried blood on his temple.

"Because I knew you would take care of me, no questions asked. No one else would, and no one else ever has." He said, touching the side of my face. He smiled slightly.

"You know, being around you is intoxicating. The smell of perfume, the rich color of your eyes, your voice. I've never felt this immense longing for someone before. Normally, people can't have me. But I, I can't have you." He said, his smile falling ever so slightly.

I bit my lip, scared of what I was about to say.

"You can have me, Dally. But that means I get to have you." I said quietly. His eyes widened, and then he smiled. 

"You already have me. You always have, always will." He said, cupping my face. I leaned my forehead against his, sighing.

"I love you Y/n." Dally whispered.

"I love you too Dal." I said.