Darry❤

Here for You

I stood there in my black dress, my eyes dry. We all watched Bob's casket be lowered down into the ground. I had never liked Bob, but the whole town of Tulsa was invited to his funeral. For the Socs to grieve, and for the Greaser's to be taught a lesson. Bob was an asshole, and he was going to face consequences eventually. I don't think that he should have been killed, but Johnny was protecting himself, and his best friend. Many people would have done the same thing Johnny did. I lived on the Soc side of town, but never put myself into either of the social groups.

I looked up and caught a man's gaze. He was in a brown suit that contrasted well with his blue-green eyes, and he was tall and muscular. I knew him, he was Ponyboy's older brother. We had gone to high school together. Darrel. Darrel Curtis. I had been close with Darry once, but that was years ago. I made my way over to him.

"Hi, Darrel? I'm Y/n Y/l/n. We went to high school together. I wanted to give you my deepest apologies. I'm sorry about your friends, they didn't deserve that." I hoped I sounded sincere. I meant it, Johnny and Dallas didn't deserve to die.

"Yes, nice to see you again Y/n. You look as ravishing as I remember. Thank you, I really appreciate it. We've been having a hard time." He gave me a small smile.

"If you ever need anything, please reach out. I'm happy to help, or just listen. You and your boys are good people." I handed him a card with my phone number on it. He looked down at it, and then tucked it into his pocket gently.

"Thank you again. I should be going, but we should reconnect soon. Good to see you." He gave me one last smile before turning around and walking over to his brothers. I made my way home after that. Dallas and Johnny never had official funerals, and that made me sad. I had hoped to be able to support Darry and his gang. They didn't deserve to face this alone. A few weeks later I was sitting in the dark of my room watching it rain, when the phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked, not expecting a call this late.

"Hey, Y/n. It's Darry Curtis." I clutched the phone with both hands.

"Hi, Darry. How are you?"

"I actually called to ask if you were free to talk?" My stomach erupted into nervous excitement.

"Yes, of course. Is there somewhere you'd like to meet?" I questioned, reaching for my socks.

"Could you come to my house? It's empty at the moment." I yanked my socks on, holding the phone between my cheek and shoulder.

"Sure. I'll be right over." I concluded. Before I could hang up he spoke.

"Y/n?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you. This means a lot." I smiled.

"My pleasure, Darry." I replied. We said goodbye and hung up, and I grabbed a pair of jeans and slipped my leather jacket on. I pulled up in front of the Curtis house, and walked up the steps slowly. I hesitated before finally knocking on the door. It opened, revealing Darry in a tight black shirt and worn blue jeans. In this light he looked like a god. Feelings I had for Darry in high school started to resurface. And suddenly a memory came rushing back. We were under the bleachers after a football game, and he leaned down and kissed me. We had been friends, I would always cheer for him in the bleachers, my voice louder than everyone else's. I had loved Darry then, but could I love him now?

"Welcome," He said, opening the door wider to let me in. I stopped inside and removed my shoes, taking in the Curtis house. It was surprisingly clean for a house full of boys.

"We can sit in the dining room." He said, lightly placing his hand on my lower back to guide me to the room. He pulled a chair out and I sat in it carefully.