Steve💚

Race Me

I pulled up to the starting line in my old dodge, putting it into park. I tugged my helmet on and strapped it, then made sure my seatbelt was tight. Steve Randle pulled up beside me and smirked.

"You're going to race that hunk of junk?" He asked, holding back a laugh. I smiled at him.

"Try me, Randle." I replied. He lifted his eyebrows, and his smirk grew even wider.

"Oh doll, You can't handle the Randle." I laughed.

"I think I can handle you just fine." I replied, running my hands over the wheel. He thought for a moment.

"If I win I get to take you out on a date." He said suddenly.

"Okay. And what if I win?" I challenged.

"I'll do whatever you want." He replied simply. I nodded.

"Deal. But don't be disappointed when I win." He shook his head and smiled.

"For a pretty little thing you sure do talk a lot of crap." I shrugged and smiled. Sodapop held his green flag up, and I put my left foot on the clutch and my right on the brake, shifting the car out of park. Steve revved his engine and I rolled my eyes. Soda brought the flag down and we took off. I didn't bother to look beside me. I had my eyes set on the finish line. Steve flew forward, and I waited another minute, before slamming the gas down and shifting. I was over the finish line two minutes before he was, and I jerked the wheel, causing my car to do a one-eighty. I got out of my car and threw my hands up in the air, jumping up and down. I ripped my helmet off. Steve stood leaning against the hood of his car watching me, a ghost of a smile on his lips.

People in the stands cheered for me and Soda did a victory dance. I walked over to Steve.

"Okay, Y/l/n. What do you want me to do?" He asked, annoyed. I smiled up at him, then grabbed his face and kissed him. He tensed up, then relaxed and wrapped his arms around my waist. I had liked Steve for a while, and I had always wanted to race against him. I wasn't sure where my boldness came from, but I was encouraging it. Steve was too. When I pulled away he grinned down at me.

"Is that all?" He asked.

"For now." I replied. He kissed me again quickly.

"You're one hell of a driver, Y/n."

"I know, Stevie." He shook his head, grinning like a fool. Steve never doubted me again, and we raced each other all the time. Each race ending in a celebratory kiss.