Darry❤

Safe & Sound

I tossed and turned, clutching my stuffed dinosaur to my chest. Moonlight shone into my room, slicing through the dark and impaling me with its light, even with my blinds pulled. But that wasn't the only thing keeping me up, my mind was racing with anxious thoughts. I sat up and slipped my socks onto my feet, grabbing my jean jacket off my chair and picking up my dinosaur. I locked up my house and got into my car, driving to the other side of town. It was quiet for a Thursday night in Tulsa, and there were only a couple other cars parked by the curb. I got out of my car with my stuffy, the chilly air nipping at my bare legs. I was still in my pajamas, I didn't have the energy to change. I let myself into the silent Curtis house, slipping my sneakers off. I let myself into the first bedroom, shutting and locking the door behind me. I took my jacket off and tossed it onto the floor. I made my way over to Darry's bed, sliding under the navy blue covers. I tucked my dinosaur in next to me. My dinosaur brought me comfort, I had had him ever since I was small. Darry laid on his stomach, his arm under his pillow. I ran my hands through his curls as he slept, admiring him. His eyes fluttered open, and he squinted at me for a moment, then a look of realization crossed his face. He sat up.

"Y/n? What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked, checking me over for bruises or marks. I rested a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm fine. I just couldn't sleep, that's all." He smiled at me, relief washing over him.

"I'm sure we can solve that," He said, pulling me to his chest and wrapping his strong arms around me. He looked down at my dinosaur, now squished between us. A blush crept onto my cheeks.

"How sweet," he said, laying his head on the stuffed animal. I smiled.

"Tell me what's on your mind, darlin'." I gazed into Darry's blue-green eyes, butterflies erupting in my stomach.

"Lots of things. Too many to tell," I replied. He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"We have forever." His reply left me speechless.

"Forever?" I asked breathlessly.

"Yes, Y/n. Forever." His smile was beautiful, and bright. His smile lit up the room. A wave of comfort washed over me. We fell into a comfortable silence after that.

"Darry?" I asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Yes, darlin'?" He questioned with his eyes still closed.

"Do you know why I love you?"

"No," His reply was quick.

"It's because your smile lights up every room you walk into. You are strong, and brave, but you are also kind. You are responsible, and you work day and night to keep your brothers safe and sound. And you love me in a way I've never been loved before. You look at me like I'm the only girl you've ever seen. You, Darry Curtis, are the most extraordinary man I have ever met." He didn't reply, and with every growing second I became more and more nervous. Maybe I had taken it a step too far.

"Do you really think that?" He asked finally, opening his eyes to look at me.

"I know it." I confirmed.

"Thank you, Y/n. You are my whole world. I love you with every piece of my heart." He said. Then he kissed me softly, holding my jaw. When he pulled away he kissed me on the tip of the nose.

"Goodnight, darlin'. I love you." He whispered.

"Goodnight, Dar. I love you too." I whispered back. I fell asleep easily in Darry's arms, knowing that everything would be okay. I knew that I was safe and loved with Darry, and that would never change.

I hope you enjoyed this imagine :)