Darry❤

⚠This is a long Imagine/Story ⚠

🛑This Story is about Pregnancy and is Darry x Reader. If the topic makes you uncomfortable, please do not read. Thank you.🛑

❗Sodapop's eye color is the same as in the book for this story.❗

She's Not Yours

It had been four months since Dallas Winston died. And I had been dating Darry for two and a half now. I still loved Dally, and I always would. But he didn't want me caught up on him, he wanted me to move on, he didn't want me to be lonely. He wanted me to get married, and have a family. Even if it wouldn't be with him. He had said that I deserved to be happy. Me and Darry had always been close friends, but after Dal and Johnny's death I spent more time with him and the rest of the gang. It wasn't the same, but we were doing okay. Darry was sweet, and loving, and I loved him. But I couldn't help the anxiety that welled up in my chest when I saw the two red lines. It's insane how a piece of plastic can change your life forever. I had taken two tests, just to be sure. And they both came back positive. I didn't know whether to be excited or scared, most people felt both. Me, Darry, and Soda all had jobs, and we were doing better than we had been, but a baby would put a dent in things. We had one small spare room, but it needed to be redone. I didn't know how Darry would feel, I was scared that he'd be mad. Darry would be home soon, and I didn't know if I should tell him yet. I had been feeling off for a month, and I had other odd symptoms, so on the way home from work I stopped and picked up a box of two tests. There was a knock at the door and I jumped.

"Y/n? Are you alright? You've been in there for half an hour." Ponyboy said. I didn't hear him come home.

"I'm fine! Just feeling off." I said. I heard him walk away from the door. I took a shaky breath. How the hell was I going to tell Darry? And how was I going to tell him where his brothers and the gang wouldn't overhear us? Tears welled up in my eyes as panic set in. Was I going to be able to be a good mother? Voices outside the bathroom door distracted me.

"She's been in there for a long time. She said she's feeling odd." Pony's muffled voice said.

"Damn it Pony," I murmured. A strong, confident knock came from the door.

"Y/n, Darling? Are you alright?" Darry's kind, concerned voice made more tears well up in my eyes. I had to say something, and I needed to hide these tests. I put them in a plastic bag and tucked them in my pocket. I unlocked the door, then opened it slowly. A pair of green-blue eyes met mine.

"Hey Dar," I said, opening the door all the way. He searched my eyes for some giveaway of emotion, but I let none show.

"What's wrong?" He asked, but before I could answer Two-Bit and Steve came barreling between us. I stumbled back, my hand moving to my stomach. I realized that I now needed to protect this baby. Darry's jaw tensed.

"Quit it!" He hollered, causing Two and Steve to stop and walk the rest of the way to the living room. Pony peeked out from behind him, and I gave him a 'what the hell?' look. He returned a 'sorry' look. Darry looked back down at me, awaiting an answer, but then Soda came in and interrupted.

"Hey Darry, can we go to the drive-in tonight?" He asked, smiling at me.

"Sure, if you stay out of trouble." Darry replied. Soda nodded and walked back to the living room.

"I have something to tell you later," I said, letting my hand move to my pocket, clutching the tests. He nodded.

"Okay," Was all he said, then he went out to the living room, Pony following behind him, leaving me alone in the hallway. At that moment I wished Dal was there with me, he would have guided me to the living room with his hand on my lower back.