Two-Bit🩷

First Choice

I opened the front door of the Curtis house quietly, I didn't want to wake the boys. I shut the door, and took my shoes off. I put my backpack full of my clothes on one of the dining room chairs. Then I slipped my jean jacket off and hung it on the back of the same chair. I went into the living room and flicked on the dim lamp in the corner. Two's eyes opened and he looked up at me.

"Sorry," I said, moving back over to the lamp to turn it off.

"No, it's okay. I couldn't sleep anyway," He replied, sitting up. He looked at me, and his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"What's wrong, Y/n?" He asked, and I wiped at the underneath of one eyes. My sleeve came back covered in mascara. I sighed, and sat down next to Two. He opened his legs, and I laid between them, laying my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me.

"I left, Two. I left him," I said, tears pooling in my eyes. Two-Bit knew exactly who I was talking about. He didn't say anything.

"Dallas was in our house, with some girl in our bed." I sobbed, holding onto Two for dear life. He stroked my hair, soothing me. Two was my best friend, besides Dallas. But now he was my only best friend. Dally had cheated on me, and I felt so stupid. I should have known, Dallas wouldn't commit. Not ever. He was protective over me, so I had thought that he really loved me. But he just liked always having someone to touch, someone to use between girls. All I had ever been was a space filler for him. I had caught them because I had come home early. I had left, and went back an hour later. I shoved my clothes into my backpack while Dally sat in the kitchen, beer in hand. He tried to reason with me before I left but I walked out on him. I said only one sentence:

"Go to hell Dallas."

I had never said that to anyone, and I meant it. My sobs turned to sniffles as I began to calm down.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. You don't deserve that." Two said, beginning to rub circles on my arm with his thumb.

"I'm so stupid Two, I should have known. He was my second choice anyway," I said. I had loved Two-Bit Matthews for a long time. Ever since I first met him in the gang, I had loved him. He was endearing, and funny. He made all of my bad days better, but he didn't like me. Not like that. So I settled for Dally. I did love Dally, and now I was heartbroken all because I settled for the lowest Greaser in Tulsa.

"Who was your first choice?" Two-Bit asked, and I sat up and looked at him. I decided that I should finally tell two, now was the time, even if he didn't feel the same.

"You, Two. You have always been my first choice. And you always will be," I admitted, touching his face. He smiled at me.

"Really?" He asked, sounding hopeful.

"Really." I replied. He cupped my face and pulled me closer.

"Because you've always been my first choice too," He whispered. My heart skipped a beat. He leaned in and kissed me then, it was gentle and sweet. Then there was a knock at the front door. Me and Two-Bit looked at each other, confused. I backed up and let Two get up. He went down the hall and opened the door quietly. I couldn't see the door from the couch, but I heard Two arguing with someone.

"Winston, don't." Two-Bit warned.

"Fuck off, Matthews," A familiar deep voice said. Then Dallas was there looking at me, his eyes pink, and his lips set in an angry line. I wished the couch would swallow me up, I didn't want to talk to Dally, let alone look at him. Two-Bit came up behind Dallas and grabbed his shoulder.

"Leave, Dally, she doesn't want to talk to you." He said. Dally pushed him away.

"Don't fucking touch me," He spit. Dally walked over to me, looking down into my eyes.

"It didn't mean anything, just come home." He said it so easily, like he hadn't just broken my heart. I glared up at him.

"No, Dallas. We're over. I don't want to be with you, you ruined everything." Dally stared at me like I was out of my mind.

"Y/n, just come home, okay?" Dally held his hand out to me. When I didn't take it he let his arm drop to his side hastily.

"It's over Dallas. Go home." My voice was somehow stern, not showing any weakness. When Dally didn't move to leave, Two spoke.

"You heard her. Go home." Two confirmed. Dallas turned to him, eyes blazing.

"This doesn't involve you, Matthews. Why are you here with her anyways?" He asked, chest to chest with Two-Bit now.

"Because I actually care about her, and I'm going to treat her right," Two said. Dally shoved him.

"You don't know shit about how much I care about her,"

"Because sleeping with some broad is very heartfelt, huh Dal?" Two-Bit said, glaring Dally down. Dally's jaw tightened.

"I oughta beat the tar outta you, Matthews." Dally growled. Two smirked.

"You're not as tough as you act, Winston." Two knew this would anger Dally. Dallas swung at Two, but he dodged it.

"Stop it!" I said, not caring if I woke the boys now. Dally shoved Two. I got off the couch, and despite the well known advice, I got between them. Dal meant to punch Two, but instead he hit me in the temple. I fell to the ground, the room blurring. Then there was yelling, yelling that wasn't Two-Bit or Dallas. The front door slammed and suddenly Two was next to me.

"Oh Y/n, I'm so sorry." He said, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I managed a smile.

"Did you win?" I asked. Two laughed.

"Sort of," He replied. Darry handed me an ice pack.

"Sorry for waking you, Dar." I said. He rubbed my shoulder.

"I'm sorry about Dal," He replied. Two gathered me in his arms. I rested my head against his chest.

"I love you, Y/n." He whispered in my ear.

"I love you too," I replied. I didn't see Dally much after that, and whenever I did he would gaze at me sadly, knowing he had messed up big time. Me and Two eventually started dating, and it was everything I had ever imagined. Two-Bit was my soulmate, and he would never let me go.

Sorry about this ending, I was having a hard time trying to figure out how it should end.  I hope you liked it. :)