Darry❤

Jealousy

It was something about Darry I had never noticed before. A look. A look I had never seen in his eyes, not until now. It was frustration, desire, possession. Darry looked jealous.

We were coming back from the drive-in, and Dally was giving me a piggyback ride. I was tired, I had a long day at school, but I promised the boys I would accompany them. Darry was waiting on the porch, bathed in orange light. His arms were crossed, and he was staring daggers at Dally. Dallas tightened his grasp on my legs. My stomach churned. Were they fighting over me? It was a thought that made me want to break free from Dal's grasp and run to the next town over. No boys have ever fought over me. Soda glanced at Dallas.

"What are you doin', man?" Soda asked so only Dal could hear.

"I'm doin' it out of spite. If he wants her, he'll have to prove it." Dally replied.

"What?" I intervened. Soda glanced up and gave me a forced smile. Dal turned his head and winked at me. Pony and Johnny led the way through the gate, Steve and Two close behind. Dallas put me down at the bottom of the steps.

"Thanks for the ride," I said, making my way past Darry into the house.

"Anytime, doll." He replied, smirking at me and winking again. Sodapop was standing beside me now, watching Darry and Dallas. Dal clapped Darry on the shoulder. We stood in the doorway, listening.

"Why do you look so pissed off?"

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Winston?" Darry snapped. Soda grabbed me and pressed both of us up against the wall, out of sight.

"Jealous?" Dallas asked. Darry's eyes narrowed. Dal stepped back.

"I'm not doing anything," He replied coolly.

"I like Y/n, okay?" Darry said, his anger gone.

"And I'm not going to take her from you, Dar. Friends don't do that. She was tired, that's all. I wasn't trying anything." This was the most sincere I had ever seen Dally.

"Thank you, Dal." Darry said. I could hear the smile in his voice.

"No problem. And now's a good time to tell her. She's sitting in the hall with your kid brother, eavesdropping." With that Dally kicked the door open as wide as it would go, the doorknob hitting Soda in the stomach. He yelped and Darry came in, Dally trailing behind him.

"Sorry, Soda-" He began, bending down to Soda's level.

"It's fine," Soda managed, doubled over. I looked up at Darry, he motioned to the porch with his chin and I followed him and sat down on the bench. Darry shut the front door and sat down beside me, our legs touching. Warmth spread from his leg into mine. I played with the ring on my middle finger.

"So, you heard all of that?" He asked, rubbing his palms on his jeans. My cheeks grew warm, and I found myself wanting to grab his hands and hold them in both of mine.

"Yeah," Was all I said. He looked at me.

"I wasn't trying to claim you or anything, I just-" I cut him off with a kiss. It was passionate, gentle. Darry's hand found my jaw, cupping my face. When we pulled away he grinned.

"I thought it was hot," I said. He laughed, pulling me into his lap.

"Did you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I nodded, smiling. His gaze darkened.

"Good, because no one but me is going to touch you ever again." My eyes widened slightly, and my smile turned into a smirk.

"I can live with that," I replied. He gave me a quick peck on the lips. We got up, and began walking towards the front door. Dally came bursting out and grabbed me from behind, lifting me up off my feet. I laughed until my stomach hurt.

"Oh no! Dally is touching Y/n!" Two said in a fake concerned voice. Darry rolled his eyes.

"How did you hear us?" I asked the gang. Pony pointed to the window.

"The window was cracked." He said. Dallas put me down. Dar tucked me under his arm. I smiled up at him. He kissed the top of my head.

"The cake's done!" Steve hollered from inside. The boys raced inside. I leaned my head against Darry's chest as we followed behind.

"I love you, Y/n." He said.

"I love you too." I replied. We smiled at each other. I could get used to this life. Darry was the best boyfriend I could ever ask for.

The ending on this one wasn't very good, but I hope you enjoyed it. :)