Ponyboy🧡

The Best Valentine's Day

Valentine's day had never been my favorite holiday, I had spent most of them alone. I was in my kitchen, making cookies, trying to raise my spirits, when there was a knock at my door. My parents were out on a date, and I was left home alone. I had just put a batch of cookies in the oven when there was a knock at my front door. I sighed and took my apron off, tossing it onto a dining room chair and walking to the door. I opened the door to see Ponyboy Curtis standing there, a bouquet of wildflowers in his hand. He smiled at me anxiously.

"Hey Y/n. Happy Valentine's day. I picked these for you," He said, handing them to me. I smiled, butterflies erupting in my stomach.

"Thank you," I said, and he smiled. I opened the door wider.

"Want to help frost cookies?" I asked, expecting him to say no.

"Sure," He said, stepping inside. I closed the door behind him and led him to the kitchen.

"You'll need to wear this," I said, holding up the red and pink apron. He sighed and smiled slightly.

"Okay," He said, leaning his head down so I could put it around his neck. He looked back up and met my gaze. He gave me a peck on the lips then reached behind him to tie the apron. I turned away, blushing. I put a pot mit on and pulled the last batch out of the oven, leaving it to cool. I gave Pony a butter knife and motioned to the bowls of pink, red, and white frosting.

"Go nuts," I said, starting to spread frosting on my cookie. Ponyboy did the same, eventually sprinkling sprinkles on it and setting it on the counter. I smiled at him, and we continued to decorate cookies, hip to hip. When we finished I caught Pony dipping his finger into the leftover frosting.

"Pony!" I said, grabbing his wrist. He grinned at me, then smeared the frosting across my cheek. I stood there, mouth open in shock while he laughed. Before he could realize what I was doing I smeared frosting on his forehead. He stopped laughing and smirked.

"Two can play that game Y/n!" He said, and I made an attempt to run, but he grabbed me by my waist. Before he could punish me with more frosting he slipped on some non-stick grease that had gotten on the floor and we landed in a pile on my kitchen floor. We were laughing so hard we ended up gasping for breath. We sat up, and gazed at each other. Before I could think Pony kissed me, holding my jaw with his sticky, frosting covered fingers. I kissed back, not wanting the moment to end. We eventually pulled away and got back up, cleaning up our mess. He had to sneak out my backdoor when my parents pulled in.

"Call me, okay?" I said, slipping a note with my number on it into his palm. He smiled and kissed me one last time before disappearing into the dark. This had been the best Valentine's day ever.

I know it's kind of early for Valentine's day imagines but I thought this was adorable. I hope you enjoyed it! :)