Steve💚

Surprise

"Stevie..." I said anxiously, trying to look below the bandana covering my eyes. I held his shoulders, stumbling along behind him as he tried to walk slowly. Sodapop Steadied me from behind. Steve said that he had a surprise for my sixteenth birthday, that doubled as a surprise for just getting my license. Passing the tests was easy, and passing them on my birthday was the best part. Steve guided me down the steps of the Curtis house slowly. I didn't know what surprise required a blindfold, but it was worrisome. When we reached what I assumed was the sidewalk we stopped.

"Keep your eyes closed while I take the blindfold off." He said. I did so, enjoying the way his cologne wrapped around me as he leaned in to untie the bandana. I felt the fabric slip off my face, but I kept my eyes shut. Ponyboy whispered something, and someone told him to shut up.

"Okay, baby. Open your eyes." Steve sounded just as nervous as I was. I opened my eyes to see a shiny, baby blue, Chevy Corvair sitting in front of me. (See header image) I took a step forward and reached for Steve.

"Is this-?" I couldn't even formulate the question.

"It's yours." He answered, placing the keys into my palm. I covered my mouth, and dropped to my knees.

"Hey, hey! Y/n! What's wrong?" Steve kneeled down beside me. I wrapped my arms around him.

"How?"

"Some guy was selling it, he had scratched it all up and stuff. It needed some work, and I decided that it would be a good car for you." He smiled at me.

"Oh, Stevie. It's beautiful. You painted it and everything?"

"Yes ma'am. All for you." He replied. He stood, pulling me up with him. I hugged him tightly, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me," I whispered in his ear. He smiled against my cheek.

"Happy sweet sixteen, gorgeous." He whispered back. He let go of me and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Want to take it for a spin?" I grinned giddily.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. I turned to the gang excitedly.

"Who wants to go for a ride?" I asked. There was a chorus of 'Me!'. 

I got into the driver's seat, Steve squishing in next to me. Darry sat beside Steve, and Johnny next to Darry. Dally sat behind me, Two was between him and Pony, and Soda was squished against the door. I giggled as I looked in the rearview. I pulled away from the curb and jacked on the brakes when Dallas hollered.

"Get off my lap!" Steve turned around to glare at him. I took a deep breath and continued to drive. The boys rolled the windows down, laughing and chattering about this and that. Steve rested a hand on my thigh. I glanced at him and smiled.

"Thank you, Stevie. This car is everything I've ever dreamed of. I don't know how I'll ever repay you." I said.

"I'm glad you love it. You don't need to repay me, you and your love are enough." He said, nuzzling my neck. Dallas kicked the seat.

"Fuck off, Winston." Steve said against my neck.

"I love you, Stevie." I whispered.

"I love you more, baby." He replied. I smiled. This car was mine, all thanks so Steve. He was the best boyfriend I could ever ask for. This truly was the best birthday ever.

The header image is not mine