Pony🧡

Dance With Me

I watched him sit on the bleachers, his elbows on his knees and his knuckles against his cheeks. He looked lonely, and disappointed. Ponyboy looked handsome in his white button up, I assumed he borrowed it from Soda, and his nicest blue jeans. The song was finishing up, and the DJ announced that the next one would be a slow song. I took a deep breath and made my way over to him. He looked up at me and smiled, running a hand through his hair. He looked as nervous as I was.

"Hey Pony, I was wondering if you'd like to dance with me?" I asked, twisting the ring on my finger. His smile brightened.

"I'd love to, Y/n." He replied, standing. He held his arm out, and I linked my arm with his as we made our way to the dance floor. The slow song came on and we began to sway to the beat. He held my waist carefully, unlike all of the other boys that were not being so respectful. My arms were around his neck, and our faces were inches apart. His golden eyes gazed into mine, and butterflies erupted in my stomach.

"You look beautiful, Y/n." He said. I blushed.

"Thank you, Pony. You look very handsome yourself." I replied. He grinned. Ponyboy was a lovely dancer, Darry had taught him well. I wasn't the greatest dancer, but I enjoyed it. Every now and then I would step on the toe of Pony's dress shoe. I would mumble an apology and he'd just smile. He was a real gentleman, and he was smart too.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked into my ear, interrupting my thoughts. I rested my chin on his shoulder.

"How wonderful you are," I replied. He let go of me and twirled me, admiring the way my dress fanned out around my hips. When he pulled me back to him his grip on my waist was tighter.

"I need to tell you something," He said. I looked up at him, and his eyes landed on my lips for a moment before moving up to my eyes.

"Tell me," I breathed. He sighed, and avoided my gaze. I put my hand on his cheek and guided his gaze back to mine.

"I like you, Y/n. A lot. You're smart, sweet, and I think I'm in love with you," He trailed off. I smiled at his words.

"I like you too, Pony. I think the same things about you." I admitted. He looked surprised.

"You do?" He asked. I nodded.

"I do." I confirmed. He smiled and leaned in.

"Then can I kiss you?" He asked. I laughed a bit and grinned.

"Yes, you don't have to ask," I replied. He kissed me then, it was sweet and gentle. It was both of our first kisses. When we pulled away he smiled. Me and Pony continued to dance the night away, and everything was perfect. There was no bad day with Pony. His smile was like the sun coming out from behind grey storm clouds. Pony was my boy, and he forever would be.