Sodapop💛

Ruined Date

I waited for Soda to show, but it was almost half an hour after we were supposed to be out on our date. It was unlike Soda to be a no show. I knocked at my door, and I got up, smoothing the wrinkles out of my dress as I walked to the door. I opened it to find bruised and bloody Soda on my doorstep, a few roses in his hand.

"Hey Princess. Sorry I'm late," He said, holding the roses out to me. Tears stung my eyes. I took the roses gently, and leaped into his arms.

"Oh, Y/n don't. I don't want to get you all dirty." He said, his words muffled against my shoulder.

"I don't care. I'm just glad you're alright." I said, pulling away and kissing him gently. He smiled. I motioned for him to come inside.

"Let's get you fixed up," I said, setting the roses in the vase on the table with my sunflowers. I took his hand and pulled him into the bathroom. I pulled out the first aid kit, a wash cloth, and a bottle of rubbing alcohol. I hoisted myself up onto the counter and beckoned Sodapop over. He hesitated before stepping between my legs. After a moment he rested a palm on each of my thighs. I wet the washcloth and wiped at the dried blood under his nose.

"What happened?" I asked, continuing to wipe.

"It doesn't matter Y/n/n," He replied. I rested my free hand on his jaw.

"It does. Tell me," I replied. He sighed and gave in.

"I was walking over here, Darry had the truck, and the socks outnumbered me. I left my blade at home. I wanted to look good for you, now I'm all bruised." I started wiping at his split lip.

"You still look handsome. Soda, you always look handsome." I said, swooning dramatically. I threw my head back and sighed dreamily. He pulled me back up and gazed at me. I smiled, and he leaned in and kissed the side of my neck. I caught his gaze and blushed, moving to wipe at a cut on his temple. I tried to be gentle, his temple was a dark reddish-purple color. When I was done I threw the cloth into the laundry hamper and soaked a cotton ball in alcohol.

"This is going to sting," I said, and he shut his eyes as the cotton ball met his cut. He let out a deep breath and squeezed his eyes shut more.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I whispered, throwing the cotton ball away and ripping a band-aid open. I pressed it onto his wound gently. He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"You look nice in that dress," He said, smoothing his hands over it. It was a pretty little pale blue dress that hit just above my knee. It had ruffle sleeves, and a v-neck.

"Thank you Pepsi Cola," I said. He rolled his eyes at the nickname, but I knew that deep down he loved it. I finished fixing him up, and threw everything away. I expected him to step back so I could get off the counter.

"You're all done," I said, scooting closer to the edge of the counter. He put his hands on my hips.

"I'm sorry I ruined our date," He said, leaning his forehead against mine.

"You didn't ruin anything. I'm just happy to be with you," I replied, putting a hand on his forearm.

"You're wonderful, Y/n. You are unlike anyone else I have ever met. I'm the luckiest guy in the whole wide world, only because I have you." He said, his breath fanning over my lips.

"I'm lucky to have you also, Soda. There's no one like you," I replied. He kissed me then, pulling me closer to him. He pulled away reluctantly and ran a finger across my lips.

"I need to stop before I do some real damage," He said, grinning. I pouted my lips and gazed up at him. He kissed my nose.

"Y/n, your lips are red." I smiled and traced hearts on his arm with my finger.

"Want to watch the sunset?" He asked eagerly. I smiled.

"I would love to," I replied, and he backed up and bowed down, holding out his hand. I took it and he let me out of the bathroom first.

"Milady," He said as I went through the doorway. I giggled slightly and he guided me to the door with his hand on my lower back. Even though me and Soda didn't go out for our date, the sunset was just as lovely. And I was happy that the Socs didn't hurt Soda too severely. I couldn't live without Soda by my side.

Soda is so sweet.🥺 Thank you for reading! If you have any imagine ideas feel free to leave them in the comments! :)