Two-Bit🩷

Better than Mickey 

I sat in Curtis's living room, reading the book Pony had lent me. Two-Bit came in and sat down with a beer and a slice of chocolate cake. He sat down on the floor beside me and nudged my shoulder. When I didn't respond he spoke.

"Why are you always reading?" I sighed at the question, and didn't bother to look up at him.

"Because it's better than watching Mickey Mouse all the time." I replied coldly. He gasped dramatically and took a sip of beer.

"I can't believe you just said that." He said, sounding revolted. I rolled my eyes.

"Mickey Mouse is awesome! How could you not like him?" Two asked, putting his cake and beer down.

"He's okay. But you watch him everyday, Two. It gets old." I said. He nodded understandingly.

"Do you get bored of me?" Two-Bit asked suddenly. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Impossible." I answered. He smiled, then turned the Television off. He laid his head down on my lap and shut his eyes.

"Read to me. I want to see if I enjoy it." He said. I grinned and held Two's hand. I began to read. He would stop me every so often to ask questions about the plot and the characters.

"So he's a drunk?"

"Yeah, like you."

"Am not!" Two protested.

"Are too." I said logically.

"How am I a drunk?" He asked, squinting up at me.

"Who the hell drinks beer at nine in the morning?" I retorted. That made him laugh.

"Drunks do." He said, smiling up at me.

"Exactly. Now can I continue?"

"Yes Y/n, you can continue." The way he said my name gave me butterflies. I continued to read to him every morning after that, in exchange I would have to watch Mickey with him for at least 2 hours every week.