Ponyboy🧡

Sunset Promises

I sat in the lot, a breeze blowing my hair off of my shoulders. I watched the sky begin to grow orange, and loneliness began to envelope me in its chilling clutch. Someone plunked down beside me, and I looked over at them, and my eyes met two familiar gold ones. Ponyboy smiled at me. 

"Hi Y/n," He said sweetly. I grinned.

"Hey Pones." I replied. Ponyboy was the only person I could rely on for good company. He knew when I needed silence, or when I needed a distraction.

"Beautiful isn't it? How could something be so wonderfully, gorgeous?" I asked, feeling his gaze on me as I admired the sunset. I turned to look at him once again. He smiled.

"Not as beautiful as you." He said. I ducked my face away to hide the blush creeping up my cheeks. He laughed a little. I glanced over to see him finally watching the sunset. I sat back up and leaned my head on his shoulder. He smiled slightly. The sky began to turn purple.

"Nothing gold can stay," I whispered, remembering a poem I had once read, a poem that I would forever remember. Ponyboy nodded, wrapping his arms around me.

We sat in silence until the sun was completely gone, and the moon took its place. Pony walked me home. We sat on the steps of my front porch, our hands intertwined.

"Pony?" I asked into the silence.

"Yes Y/n?" He replied.

"Could you promise me something?"

"Anything." He breathed.

"Don't change. Don't let anyone change you, ever. Okay?" I said, our faces inches apart.

"I promise I won't change for anyone, ever. But you have to promise not to change too." He said, his warm breath fanning over my face.

"I won't change." I promised. He cupped my face and kissed me then. The kiss was tender and sweet, it made me feel lightheaded, like I was in a dream. When we pulled away he kissed the tip of my nose.

"You should get inside." He stood, and gently pulled me up with him.

"Okay." I replied, walking to my door. He walked backwards down my driveway, grinning.

"I love you Y/n!" He called. I blew a kiss to him.

"I love you too, Ponyboy!" He shoved his hands in his jeans pockets and started down the street, eventually disappearing into the dark. I watched him go, then I went inside. I was still feeling the aftereffects of the kiss. I plopped down on my bed and grinned at my ceiling. Ponyboy Curtis loved me.