Soda💛

Not what it seems

"Keep your eyes on me. Focus on me." Darry said, leading us in circles around the living room. I stared into his blue-green eyes, going through the steps in my head.

"Good! You're getting it, Y/n." He said, smiling. Darry twirled me, then pulled me back to him. His grip on my waist was strong, but he assured me it was only for dance purposes. I was with Soda, Darry was simply my dance teacher. I had asked Darry to teach me how to dance, I loved dance and I wanted to be able to dance with Sodapop without looking like a fool. Just as the front door opened Darry dipped me as the song ended. I laughed and held onto his shoulder so I wouldn't fall. He grinned and picked me up. We turned to face Soda who was pale, and his jaw was tight. Darry let go of me and put his hands in his pockets.

"Hey, Soda. We were just-" He cut me off.

"I don't need to hear your excuse." He said coldly. I looked from Soda to Darry, then back. Darry looked confused too.

"Why would we have an excuse?" Darry asked. Soda walked over to Darry, now chest to chest with him. Soda glared into Darry's innocent eyes.

"Out of all people I didn't expect you to steal my girl." Soda snarled. Darry pushed his little brother back.

"I didn't steal your girl. We were dancing." He said.

"I saw the way you looked at each other. The way you held her. The way she touched you. You two are assholes." I reached for him. He ripped his arm away from me.

"Don't touch me!" He shouted. I pulled back. Tears stung my eyes.

"Baby-" I began. He glared at me. I shut my mouth.

"No! You are just like Sandy. And to think that I thought you were different." That was like a knife through my heart. Darry stepped in front of me.

"You don't get to talk to her like that. We aren't together, Soda. Y/n doesn't want me. She wants you." Darry said, his voice oddly calm.

"Bullshit." Soda spit. And with that, he was out the door and gone. I ran after him.

"Soda! Soda, Please. Listen to me, goddammit!" I hollered. He stopped and turned around. I cupped his face, and pulled him down to my level.

"I love you, and I will only ever love you." I whispered. I kissed him then, holding him in place until he didn't want to move. His arms wrapped around my waist and he kissed me hard. When we pulled away I spoke.

"Darry has been teaching me how to dance so I could dance with you. No one ever taught me to dance and Darry offered. The only boy I'm in love with is you, Sodapop Curtis, you should know that." He kissed the tip of my nose.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n." Soda began.

"I just saw red. You aren't like Sandy, I was just scared. I was scared that you were in love with another man. I can't lose you. I know you and Dar would never do anything to hurt me. I don't know what the hell was going through my mind. I'm sorry, Princess." I gazed up into his blue eyes and found myself forgiving him.

"I love you, Y/n." Soda said, then he kissed me again.

"I love you too, Pepsi-Cola." I replied against his lips. He smiled, holding me tight.

"I'm going to marry you someday. Someday soon." Soda said into my hair. I smiled into his chest.

"I can't wait." I replied.

"Mrs. Y/n Curtis." Soda whispered. My smile grew even wider. I forgave Soda, as did Darry. We understood the heartbreak he had suffered before. Everything was okay, and it forever would be.