Two🩷

Movie Date

I grabbed two sodas and a popcorn, setting them down in front of the cashier, and pulling a five out of my pocket. She gave me my change and as I was headed back to my seat someone reached over my shoulder and took a piece of popcorn.

"Hey!" I said, spinning around to face the culprit. Two-Bit Matthews shoves the popcorn into his mouth and grins at me. I roll my eyes and continue walking.
"What are you doing here?" He asks, matching his pace to mine.

"I'm on a date," I reply, looking up to where Randy is sitting. Two follows my gaze and nods.

"Have fun." He says plainly, taking more popcorn and walking away. I watch him go sadly, then I take a deep breath and make my way back to my seat. I hand Randy a soda and the popcorn. He smiles up at me and returns his focus to the movie. Fifteen minutes of silence later, Randy says he has to use the bathroom and gets up to leave. I continue to watch the movie, sipping on my soda. Twenty minutes go by and the popcorn is half empty. I start to wonder if Randy left when someone jumps into the seat next to me. Two-Bit winks at me before settling into Randy's seat.

"Enjoying the movie?" He asks, stuffing a handful of popcorn into his mouth. I can't help but smile at him.

"It's kind of lame." I admit. He returns my smile.

"I agree. Did Randy pick it?" I nod. And he rolls his eyes.

"What are you doing over here anyways?" I ask. Taking a few pieces of popcorn for myself before he finishes off the bucket.

"I came to inform you," He mumbles around the popcorn in his mouth.

"Swallow before you continue." I lecture, and he smirks at me. He swallows and takes a sip of my coke before speaking again.

"That your date is in the bathroom with some redhead broad." I gape at him.

"What?" I sputter.

"I saw him go into the bathroom with some girl, and they haven't come out yet." I let his words sink in. I have to admit I'm slightly disappointed. A guy had never asked me out on a date before, and I was genuinely happy that someone showed interest in me. I should have known the date would turn out bad one way or another. Two must see the sadness in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Y/n." He says. I look at him.

"I was just excited that a guy seemed to like me." I said, tears pricking my eyes. Two nudges his shoulder into mine.

"I like you." He said.

"Not in a friend way, Two."

"I love you, Y/n." He intertwined our fingers.

"You- You do?" I stutter, grasping his hand.

"I do. I have for a while. I'm surprised you haven't noticed." He smiled sheepishly. I smiled, the feelings I had pushed down for Two resurfacing.

"I love you too." I admitted. He grabbed my chin and pulled me to him, kissing me softly. When we pulled away I leaned my head against his chest. He slung and arm around me.

"I should have told you sooner." Two said. I pulled away to look at him.

"We're together now, and that's all that matters." I replied. He grinned and kissed my forehead.

"Wanna get outta here?" He asked. I smiled and nodded, letting him lead the way to the exit. I was happy to finally be with Two-Bit, and I never wanted to be without him again. He was my best friend, and the love of my life. He always would be.