Stevie💚

Don't be Jealous

Steve drove silently, his sunglasses reflecting the sunshine pouring through the windshield. He kept both hands on the wheel, instead of resting one on my thigh. He wouldn't even look at me. I didn't know what I did wrong. I turned to look out the window, watching Tulsa fly by.

"I've seen the way you look at Soda." He says suddenly, his voice drained of all emotion. I whip my head around to glare at him.

"What?" Was all I could manage without grabbing ahold of him. The way I look at Soda? Seriously? I think Soda is adorable, in a brother kind of way. I only have eyes for Steve, I don't know how he can't see that. Everyone else does.

"I see the way you gaze at him. The way you smile at him. You like him." I clench my jaw. Steve gets jealous like this sometimes, and when he accuses me of things like this it hurts me.

"I don't fucking gaze at Soda," I snarled through gritted teeth.

"Oh yeah? So what would you call it?"

"I look at him. And he makes me smile. He's like a brother to me."

"You look at him like he's god." Steve accused.

"Think what you want to think, I'm not going to change your mind. But you should see the way I gaze at you. I gaze at you like you're the only man in the world." I replied.

"Oh bullshit." He spit. I had it.

"Stop the car." I demanded.

"What?" He glanced at me.

"I said stop the fucking car, Steve." He pulled over and turned to me. I got out of his car and began to walk down the sidewalk towards my house. He pulled up beside me.

"What the hell are you doing, Y/n?" He asked, checking his mirrors.

"Walking." I replied blandly.

"Get back in the car."

"No."

"You're being childish." He lectured.

"Yeah? And you're being a jealous jerk!" I shouted. He looked up at me, his sunglasses abandoned on the dashboard.

"I love you, Stevie. With all of my heart. And you always accuse me of liking Soda. I don't like Soda. I love you. Only you. Only ever  you." I promised. He put the car into park and got out, walking onto the sidewalk, stopping and standing in front of me.

"I'm Sorry Y/n. I just can't comprehend why you chose me over Soda. All of the girls love Soda." He said, gazing down at me sadly.

"Not all of the girls." I said, smiling up at him slightly. He smiled in return. He held my hips.

"You need to stop getting so jealous, Stevie. I like Soda as a friend. Nothing more. I love you, and only you." I said, cupping his cheeks.

"I love you so much, Y/n." Steve closed the space between us, and his lips met mine. Our kiss was gentle, and loving. When we pulled away we were both grinning like idiots.

"I love you more, Stevie."

"I don't think that's possible darlin'." He replied. After that Steve didn't get jealous. He knew I only had eyes for him. And he only had eyes for me.