Darry❤

Dance With Me 

                       The song they are dancing to: Do you love me By: The Contours

I walked into the Curtis house, music surrounding me. I walked into the living room to find Darry dancing. I smiled as I set my bag down on the couch. His moves were pretty good. When he saw me he gave me the sign to come closer. I moved my shoulders to the beat as I got closer to him. He matched my moves and danced with me. He mouthed the words to the song.

"Do you love me?" I called out as he twirled me, my skirt fanning out around me. I smiled as I followed his steps, holding his shoulders tenderly. We didn't break eye contact as we danced around the living room. Darry and I both shared the love of dancing. It was the best way we could express ourselves, and it was wonderful. Darry was better at dancing than I was, his mother had taught him when he was young. The way he smiled at me as we danced gave me butterflies. And when I would mess up and step on his foot he would tell me that it was okay, and we would continue to dance. He held my waist tenderly, and twirled me often. He liked to see my skirt fan out around me. Halfway through the song the gang came in. I gave Darry a look of concern but he shook his head slightly, and twirled me away just to pull me back in. The boys watched us, grinning.

"She's good." Dally said, smirking. Soda elbowed him.

"She's Darry's, lay off." Soda said. Pony and Johnny clapped. And Two and Steve whooped and cheered. Darry let me go and backed up step by step as I stepped towards him, moving my skirt with my shoulders to the beat. Then we stopped and he came towards me as I stepped back. He pulled me close to him and dipped me, moving me from right to left in front of the boys. He twirled me once more then threw me into a dip as the song ended. We held our pose for a few moments then stood and took a bow. The boys clapped, smiling.

"I want to dance like that!" Johnny said, Pony nodding in agreement. I held my hand out to Johnny and pulled him up.

"Okay, so I'll put my hands on your shoulders, and you put your hands on my waist." I said, securing Jonny's arms on my waist.

"Is Darry okay with this?" He asked nervously, looking at Darry. Darry smiled brightly.

"She's all yours Johnny." He said, winking at me. I smiled. I began to lead Johnny through the steps as Darry taught Pony. He held Pony at arms length so it wouldn't be uncomfortable. Pony was focusing on the steps so hard that he wouldn't look up. Steve and Soda started following me and Johnny's steps, laughing and joking with each other.

Two looked at Dally expectantly.

"Oh hell no." Dally said, backing away. I laughed and shook my head.

"Think you can teach Two?" I asked Johnny. He nodded and let go of me and went over to Two.

"Come on Dal." I said, holding my hand out to him.

"Yes Ma'am," He said, taking his leather jacket off and grabbing my hips. Before I could correct him Darry spoke up.

"Waist Winston, or you can dance with Steve." He threatened. I giggled and Dally moved his hands to my waist.

"Hey! I am a great dancer! Right, Pepsi Cola?" Steve said.

"Ow! No you are not. Quit steppin' on my feet!" Soda replied. We all busted out laughing. I taught Dal the steps and he learned quickly. He twirled me and dipped me.

"You're not so bad Winston." I said. He grinned. We spent the rest of the afternoon dancing and laughing. The gang was my family, and I loved them to death. Even though some of them couldn't dance to save their life.