Steve💚

Different

His POV

She put the whole room into silence. Ponyboy aimed his gaze at Darry.

"This is Y/n. She's helping me write my English Essay." He said, shoving his fists into the front pockets of his jeans. She clutched a binder to her chest, and dug the toe of her converse into the floor, causing her skirt to sway. The blue fabric was vibrant against her skin, it suited her well.

"Nice to meet you, Y/n. I'm Darry." Darry said, smiling at her. She returned his smile. One by one we all stated our names.

"I'm Sodapop, but you can call me Soda." He grinned at her.

"I'm Keith. Everyone calls me Two-Bit though."

"J-Johnny Cade. Nice to meet you." Johnny smiled shyly at her.

"Dallas Winston. They call me Dal." He gave her a wink. She finally turned to look at me, and I felt a blush creeping up my cheeks.

"Steve Randle," I blurted. She smiled.

"Nice to meet you all." She said, then Pony pulled her into his room. Selfish little jerk. Once his door shut Dally flopped onto the couch next to me.

"Boy isn't she a sight for sore eyes," He nudged me. I kept my eyes on the closed door, praying that it would open and she would grace us with her presence once more.

"You really like her, huh?" Soda asked after awhile. I sent a glare his way. He put his hands up in surrender.

"It's okay if you do, Steve. She's pretty, she's kind," I cut him off.

"But she's not a greaser." I finished for him.

"So? She's a good person. Go for it." Sodapop said. I shook my head and he rolled his eyes. He got up and went to Pony's door, knocking before he opened it. I had the sudden thought of Pony touching her, or kissing her, it made me angry. Soda opened the door to reveal Y/n sitting with a leg crossed over the other as she read lines to Pony and he wrote them down. They both looked up at Soda. The Y/n's eyes traveled to me. She smiled, a smile as warm and bright as a ray of sunshine. I smiled back, worried that I looked stupid.

"Since it's beginning to get dark you'll probably need a ride home, huh?" Soda asked her. She looked to Pony who nodded.

"I suppose so." She said, smiling at Soda. He grinned at her, then turned to me.

"Well Steve will be leaving in about half an hour, he would be happy to give you a ride home." Soda winked at me. I did not in fact plan on leaving in half an hour, but to have Y/n in my car, I'd leave right now and find the longest route to her house just to enjoy the fact that she was sitting in my passenger seat.

"Okay. That sounds good." She smiled once more at both of us and then Soda shut the door.

"You're a meddling jerk," I told him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"A meddling jerk that got you a ride with a beautiful lady." He replied. I smiled. Soda was a good friend, and he wasn't going to let me pass up a chance at love. Half an hour later I was waiting by the door, spinning my keys on my finger. Y/n emerged from Pony's room and said goodbye to everyone. I held the front door open for her and she thanked me. I turned to give the gang a wave and they all grinned and gave me the thumbs up. I opened the passenger door for her and she slid into my car, careful not to get it dirty. I shut her door gently and jogged around to the driver's side. I slid in and started the engine. She ran her hand over the door.

"This is a lovely car," She said. I grinned at her.

"Thank you, darlin'. But it's not as lovely as you." My cheeks grew hot and I felt like an idiot. I don't know where the hell my boldness came from but I hope it never returns. She smiled shyly and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." She replied, turning to look at me. She told me her address and I began making my way through the streets of Tulsa. We talked about a lot, cars, music, the sky, our jobs. She told me about school, and her dreams. I would glance at her, admiring the way her Y/e/c eyes sparkled as she talked about the things that she loved. And when she rested her hand on my forearm, I felt a jolt of electricity. She let her hand rest on my arm for the rest of the ride. I opened up to her, something I never did to people I just met. But Y/n was different. She was more understanding, she listened without interrupting, she looked at me like I was the only boy she had ever seen. Her laugh was contagious and her perfume was intoxicating. We had gone in circles around her house, but finally she had to go. I walked her to her front door, and stood gazing down at her. The little Soda screamed at me to kiss her, and finally I did. She didn't yank away, or push me off of her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and melted into me. When we pulled away she smiled.

"Goodnight Y/n." I whispered

"Goodnight Steve." She replied. I gave her a quick peck on the forehead and watched her go inside. When I got back into my car I rested my head on the steering wheel. Was it possible to fall in love after just one night with her? I was giddy and happy, for the first time in a while. I wouldn't be giving Y/n up anytime soon, I knew that for sure.

Sorry this took so long to get out. I hope you enjoyed it! :)