Sodapop💛

I can't watch

Thursday nights at the Curtis house are movie nights. And tonight it was Dallas's turn to pick. I sat in the middle of the couch, Soda to my left, and Darry to my right. Dally slipped the VHS tape into the VCR and took the chair Darry usually sat in. I clutched my blanket around my shoulders as the movie began. I enjoyed a good scary movie, but sometimes it was just too much. Pony and Johnny occasionally let out noises of panic, and covered their eyes. Two-Bit sipped on his beer, looking bored. Dally squinted at the television, as if he couldn't understand what he was seeing. Darry made a few comments about how gruesome it was, and about how Pony would be up all night jumping at every sound. I knew I would be too. I continued to watch, not realizing I was nearly hiding behind the blanket. Soda put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. I was glad we were watching in the dark, because I could feel my cheeks grow hot. I absolutely adored Soda, and even the slightest action gave me hope that he felt the same about me. Another gruesome murder scene came on and I jumped, burying my face into Soda's shoulder.

"I can't watch," I said. He put his arms around me and pulled me between his legs, so I was laying facing the couch, my ear to his chest. He rubbed circles on my arm.

"You're safe with me, Princess." He whispered. I melted into him, savoring his touch. I looked at Darry to find him watching us, a slight smile upon his lips.

"Are you comfortable, Y/n?" He asked. All of the boys looked at me and Soda.
"Aw," Johnny said.

"Very comfortable." I replied, snuggling closer to Soda. He kissed my head. I fell asleep in Soda's arms, safe and sound. I woke up the next morning to him moving.

"Don't go," I said, groggily. He stopped moving, and gathered me in his arms once again.

"Okay, Princess. But only five more minutes." He said. I fell back asleep and woke up a while later, to find Soda snoring. It was the cutest thing ever. Every Thursday night after that Soda and I fell asleep on the couch, knowing we were safe and sound with each other.