Johnny💙

Piano Lessons

I let my fingers dance over the keys, running through the notes in my mind. The music drifted out of the piano and through the window. I made it to the end of the song and let my fingers hold down the keys until the sound stopped. I let my now useless hands fall to my sides. That was the first time I had ever got the whole song without any mistakes. I smiled triumphantly. Then clapping came from the doorway. No one was supposed to be up here, this was the attic of the library, I had special permission to be up here. I wasn't supposed to be bothered. I whipped around to find a dark haired boy in a ripped up denim jacket. He smiled at me shyly. "I heard you playing. That was beautiful. Could you do it again?" I nodded, beckoning him inside. He stood behind me and I began to play again. I let myself get caught up in the song, letting my fingers follow their familiar path. I could feel him admiring me, and it made me feel special, it made me feel known. When I finished he clapped again.

"That was extraordinary! You are extraordinary." He said. I smiled up at him.

"I could teach you if you'd like," I replied. He grinned down at me.

"Really?" He asked.

"Of course." I responded. He sat down next to me and I began walking him through the steps one by one. He nodded along and followed my directions. A few hours later he was able to play the song. He learned fast. We spent the afternoon chatting and playing the piano. I learned that his name was Johnny, and he had always enjoyed the sound of Pianos. I taught him one of my favorite songs, and listened to him play it for me. I clapped when he finished the song.

"Johnny, that was brilliant!" I exclaimed, hugging him from behind. He leaned into my chest and smiled.

"Thanks, Y/n." His smile was beautiful. Every afternoon after that Johnny would sneak up to the attic of the library to listen to me play, and to play another song for me. Sometimes he brought flowers in jars, and placed them on the Piano for me to admire while I played. We would laugh and sing, sometimes making up stupid songs about people we didn't like. I would sit at the left end of the piano, and he would sit at the right, playing the light and innocent notes. I would play the deep, intimidating notes. Day after day, week after week, season after season. We played sad songs in the winter, and happy songs in the summer. He became my best friend, and we would spend time together outside of the library attic. With Johnny everything was exciting and wonderful. He made me the happiest girl in the world, and I don't know what I'd do without him. 

Sorry, this was kind of rushed. I hope you enjoyed it. :)