Steve💚

Drag Racing

"You want to race?" Steve asked me, his helmet dangling in his hand. I nodded, smiling. He shook his head and smiled a little.

"Alright doll. I'm sitting shotgun. Let me ask Soda for his helmet." Steve said, tossing his helmet to me. I smiled, getting into the car and buckling up. I felt foolish in a helmet, but I didn't need to break my neck. Steve got in the car and buckled up. I pulled up to the line looking over at my opponents. Soda held a tattered green flag, raising it in the air. I held one foot over the clutch and the other over the gas. One of my hands clutched the shifter, and the other clutched the steering wheel. Soda looked at me and smiled, then he brought the flag down. I pressed the clutch in and shifted, slamming my right foot down onto the gas. We took off, just barely behind the other guy.

"Shift!" Steve demanded, but I didn't listen. If I shifted now I wouldn't win. I felt Steve's gaze on me.

"Y/n, Shift!" He said again.

"Not yet." I replied calmly. He shook his head.

Just a few feet before the finish line I shifted, passing my opponent.

"Holy shit," Steve said, surprised. I let off the gas and came to a stop, getting out of the car and doing a victory dance. Steve ran around the car and picked me up, spinning me around.

He put me down and kissed me.

"That was amazing baby. Maybe I'll get you your own car to drag race." He said. I smiled up at him brightly. Soda came running up and hugged me.

"You're better than Steve!" He exclaimed, laughing when Steve shoved him.

On the way home, Steve had his hand on my thigh. He gave it a squeeze and glanced over at me.

"Soda was right. You are better than me." He admitted smiling. I kissed his cheek.

"You're better than Soda though." I said. He nodded.

"Well I knew that doll. But I'm flattered." He looked at me and grinned. I rolled my eyes.

But that was what I loved about Steve, he was charming in his own cocky way.