Johnny💙

Getting out of Tulsa

I walked by the lot, looking for little smoke rings. When I spotted them, I walked towards them. I towered over curled up Johnny, shivering in his denim jacket. I pulled a blanket out of my bag and covered him up. He turned over and smiled at me.

"Hey Y/n," He said as I sat down next to him. I returned his sweet smile.

"Hey JohnnyCakes." I replied. We gazed up at the stars in silence. There was nothing I could say that would heal the new bruises on his face. I had laid with Johnny every night for the past few months. He's nice to talk to, and he's a good friend. But now, whenever I lay beside Johnny, his side against mine, I felt warm and dizzy. I loved Johnny, there was no doubt about it.

He covered me with some of the blanket, and I smiled.

"Y/n?" Johnny asked, breaking the silence.

"Yes Johnny?" I replied. He turned on his side to look at me, and I did the same, our faces only inches apart.

"If I left Tulsa, would you come with me?" He asked, taking my hand and intertwining his fingers with mine.

"Why me? What about Dally or Pony?" I asked. Of course I would go with him, but does he really want me to go?

"Because you're the one that lays with me in the cold, and you listen to me ramble on about foolish things, and when you're not around everything feels hopeless." Johnny said, his eyes not leaving mine.

"I'd go with you. I'd follow you to the ends of the earth JohnnyCakes." I replied. He smiled, squeezing my hand.

"You showed me what love feels like Y/n. I never thought anyone would love me, especially not after the way my folks treated me." He said. I tucked my head under his chin, and hugged him tightly.

"I love you Johnny." I said, my voice muffled against his shirt. He kissed me on the head.

"I love you too Y/n. And someday, we'll get out of Tulsa, and we'll be free. We'll travel, and we'll buy a house. Can you see it Y/n? A white fence, a flower garden, little kids running around the yard. And you and I, we'll be happy." Johnny explained. And I could see it, clear as day in my mind.

"I'm the happiest girl in the world whenever I'm in your arms Johnny." I said. He squeezed me, rubbing circles on my back.

"I'll be happy as long as I'm with you Y/n. But you deserve much better than Tulsa." He said, his words vibrating down through my skull.

"You do too." I said, starting to drift off to sleep.

"Someday Y/n. I promise." Johnny whispered. I smiled, holding him tightly. Me and Johnny would get that beautiful house with the white fence, the beautiful flower garden, and with our kids running around the yard. Johnny wouldn't break his promise.