Dally🖤

Are you drunk?

I finished off the last of my beer, letting the music thrum through my veins. Some boy I didn't recognize danced with me. He began to get handsy. Before I could confront him Dally stepped in.

"Get your hands off her before I break them off." He snarled. The boy backed off. I resumed dancing. Dally tugged on me.

"It's really late. Let's go." I ripped my hand from his grasp.

"I'm dancing," I slurred. He squinted at me. I glared back.

"Y/n, are you drunk?" He asked. I laughed.

"Nooooooooo," I dragged the word out like a child. He sighed and muttered a swear under his breath.

"Come on. I'm taking you to bed." He said, tugging on me again.

"Oh Dal, you're hot, but not tonight." I replied, giggling like a fool. He laughed to himself, and tugged on me again.

"Y/n, I wasn't-" He trailed off.

"I didn't mean that. Not now," He finished. I just looked at him. I took my hand and pulled.

"Come on, you need to sleep this off." He pleaded. Dallas Winston never pleaded. I gave in, and followed him up the stairs. I tripped on the first step and fell, struggling to get up. Dally picked me up bridal style and started up the stairs. I secured my arms around his neck and admired him. I ran my fingers through his hair. To my surprise it was soft. He smiled at me slightly.

"You're so pretty, Dal." I said. He grinned at me.

"Not as pretty as you, doll." He replied. Dallas had been a good friend of mine for awhile. I had always thought he was handsome, and I knew he had a soft spot for me. I felt bad that he was stuck looking after me for the night. He laid me on his bed and took my heels off. He took his jacket off and sat on the bed next to me. He wiped hair out of my face as I stared at his alarm clock.

"This isn't like you. Are you still upset about Steve?" I turned away from him and curled up into a ball. I had recently been dumped by Steve after I confronted him about cheating on me. I was hurt. But it had been a month, and I felt stupid for still feeling hurt. I knew drinking wasn't going to solve my problems, but I needed a distraction. Dally laid down next behind me and flicked off the light. He wrapped his arms around my torso and pulled me against his chest.

"He didn't deserve you. Never did, never will. I'm sorry he hurt you. I will put your heart back together, piece by piece. I promise. I won't ever leave you. I won't ever hurt you. You're the most beautiful blessing I've ever gotten." Tears rolled down my cheeks from Dal's heartfelt words. I turned over to face him.

"You promise?" I asked.

"I promise." He replied, kissing my forehead.

"I love you, Y/n. Always will." I put my hand on his cheek.

"I love you too, Dal. Thank you." I tucked my head under his chin and fell asleep soon after. Dallas was the boy I had always desired, and he kept his promises, just like I knew he always would.