Ponyboy🧡

Sunsets & Sunrises

"Pretty, ain't it, Y/n?" Pony asked me, shaking my left foot.

"Mhmmm." I replied, not looking up from my book. I sat on the opposite end of the bench, my feet against Ponyboy's thigh, my head in my new novel. I had seen too many sunsets in my lifetime. And I was going to see many more. He plucked my book out of my hand.

"Hey!" I said, grabbing at his arm. He smirked at me slyly.

"You can have it back once we are done watching the sunset." He pushed my feet off the bench. I rolled my eyes and scooted closer to him, letting him sling his arm around me. I sat there and watched the orange begin to fade into pink. It was a lovely sight. I don't know how I thought I was sick of sunsets. I would never get sick of sunsets.

"There's nothing better than a sunset." Pony said. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Sunrises,"

"What?" He questioned. I picked my head up off his shoulder.

"Sunrises are just as lovely. If not, they are even better." He looked at me like I had just told him I was a murderer.

"You did not just start this argument-" He started, squinting at me.

"You always say nothing gold can stay, but with the sunrise you don't think that. The sunset unleashes everything gold." I replied. He smiled at me.

"You do have a point," He responded, looking back to the now purple sky.

"We should watch the sunrise sometime." I suggested. He wrapped his other arm around me and pulled me to his chest.

"We should. Tomorrow morning." He said. I grinned.

"Sounds good." He kissed me on the head.

"I love you, Y/n. More than I love sunsets."

"I love you too, Pony. More than I love sunrises." The sky faded to black and we made our way home, basking in each other's company. Ponyboy understood me better than anyone ever would. And watching sunsets side by side would never, ever get old.