Sodapop💛

Fix you up

If you just ignore them they'll go away. I hoped my father's advice was right, or I was screwed. The blue mustang pulled up beside me and came to an abrupt stop. I sped up my pace.

"Hey! You!" I prayed that they weren't talking to me, only to open my eyes and find an empty street. Someone tugged on my shoulder. The Curtis house was only about ten houses from where I was. Maybe I could make it if I ran. The person spun me around.

"Hey! You answer when I'm talking to you." An ugly brown eyed boy lectured me.

"I don't even know you." I said, clutching my book closer to my chest. He squinted at me and his jaw tensed. Socs were jerks, and they were dangerous. I wished I had asked Soda to pick me up from school, at least I would have been safe.

"You don't have a right to talk to me like that." He responded.

"And you don't have a right to lecture me." I retorted. Suddenly he shoved me, catching me off guard. I fell backwards, my book slamming onto the concrete. He leaned down and picked it up before I could grab it.

"Gone with the wind. You like to read?" I huffed out a sigh and rolled my eyes.

"Maybe I do." He smirked at me and opened my book, grabbing a handful of pages and ripping them out.

"No!" I screeched, jumping up and tackling him. We fell onto the concrete, and I punched him in the face. His buddies yanked me off of him and held me as he got up.

"You little bitch." He said, wiping his nose and pulling his hand away to find a stripe of blood. I kicked and pulled, but his friends had a good grip on me.

"I'm going to teach you a lesson." He claimed. Then he punched me in the face twice, and kicked me in the stomach as hard as he could. The air was ripped from my lungs, and his friend let me drop onto the concrete. I gasped for breath. He threw the book onto me and laughed before they piled into his car and drove away.

"Fuckers," I muttered. My mutter started a coughing fit, and I was grateful I didn't cough up any blood. When I could breath again I got up and retrieved my book, continuing my walk to the Curtis house. I stepped inside and tossed my ruined book into the garbage. I entered the living room and immediately all eyes were on me. Darry was the first on his feet.

"Jesus, Y/n. What happened?" He touched my cheek carefully.

"Goddamn Socs." Dally said, examining me. Steve looked terrified.

"Soda! Get in here. They got your girl," Steve hollered.

"What?" Soda asked, entering the room. I turned around to face him.

"Oh, Y/n." He said, rushing to me and cupping my face. I managed to smile at him.

"Hey, Pepsi-Cola." I said softly. Tears welled up in his eyes, and he wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tight.

"I don't want to get blood on you," I said, but Soda just held me tighter.

"I'm so sorry, Princess. I should have walked you home." He said into my shoulder. He pulled away and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me towards the bathroom.

"I'll get them for that. Fucking Socs." Dally said. I Turned around to look at him.

"Dally, no. Please promise me you won't." I begged.

"They deserve it," Soda said, Steve nodding in agreement.

"Guys, no. Please, I don't want you getting hurt." I begged again, looking at the boys, then locking eyes with Soda. I clutched his arm.

"We can take care of ourselves." Dallas replied. Before I could argue Darry spoke up.

"You heard Y/n. No one's going after the Socs, not for her." Darry nodded to me.

"We'll get them in the rumble." Darry finished. I turned back around and Soda and I made our way to the bathroom. He shut the door behind us. The afternoon sunlight flooded in through the window. I sat down on the edge of the bathtub. Soda opened the cupboards and took out the first aid kid. I had gotten a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and I had a bruise developing on my cheek, a bloody nose, and a split lip. I looked like I had just been in a rumble. My mascara was running too. I was ashamed that Soda had to see me like this. He wet a washcloth with cool water and wiped under my eyes first. The corner of the washcloth came back black. I smiled up at Soda slightly.

"Wanna tell me what happened, Princess?" He asked, his breath fanning over my face. I loved that nickname, it made me feel like the only girl in the world.

"I was walking over here from school, and the Socs pulled up beside me and started harassing me. I talked down to the leader and he pushed me, and ripped up my book. I tackled him then, and then his buddies grabbed me and held me while he 'taught me a lesson'. I should have just run." I explained. All the time Sodapop was fixing me up. He stopped dabbing and gazed down at me.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there," He said, twirling a strand of my hair around his finger.

"It's okay. Sometimes I need to get through things on my own." I replied. He smiled.

"You're different. Different from all of those Soc girls, and Greaser girls. You don't need someone to defend you. You're brave, strong. You're tough, Y/n/n." I grinned.

"I love you, Pepsi-Cola." I said quietly.

"I love you more, Princess." He replied. He leaned in and kissed me gently, cautious of my split lip. I put my hand on his shoulder, and he put his arms around my waist. Then the door burst open. We broke apart quickly.

"Oh my eyes!" Steve hollered, shielding his eyes and stumbling backwards. Two-Bit snapped a picture of us with his Polaroid camera as he laughed hysterically. When the picture developed me and soda had red lips and shocked looks on our faces. We all laughed when we saw it.

"We thought it sounded awfully quiet in there," Steve had said, wiggling his eyebrows at me and Soda. I punched him in the arm. After that Soda walked me home, or Darry picked me up in his truck. Every now and then I would walk home just because I wanted to. I wasn't afraid of the Socs, and now I always carry a blade. Soda and I spent a lot of time together, and every evening you could find me down at the Curtis house hanging out with the gang. I finally had a family that understood me, and taught me what family really was.