𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

Elijah

I walk through the hallways, heading to my next class.

"Why is this class so damn far away?"

I groan and pulled out my phone, and started to aimlessly scroll as I walked.
Soon I heard footsteps behind me, which I completely dismissed. Thinking it was just a random person heading to their class like myself.

But I soon found out how wrong I was.

"Elijah." A guys sang my names, an all too familiar voice.

Derick Anthony

He was an awful guy. Many people didn't like him, he was one of the guys that bullied me along with Tobias.

But since Tobias stopped talking to them and avoided them, Derrick has been that group ring leader. He hates me with a passion. But I have no clue why.

I felt shivers go down my spine,

Run

And I did just that, I sprinted.

I ran, not that I knew I was going. I knew I was faster than him, so I was hoping that I would lose him. And eventually I did.

But that didn't mean he wasn't after me anymore. This was just the beginning.

I sat alone at my lunch table, since I didn't have the same lunch period as Ellis and Tobias. Which was a bummer. But I quite enjoy being alone.

But being alone is both a curse and a bless.

The good part about being alone is that you don't have anyone bothering you. You have time to recharge your social juice. You can relax, you don't have to talk for hours and nothing would be weird about it, and you're safe when it's only you.

The bad part is the deafing silence that rings in your ear. You don't have anyone with you, or by your side to comfort you when you're at your lowest. Harming your self is easier because no one stops you, and being alone too long makes you lose your sanity.

I used to like being alone. It was safer that way. No one could hurt me anymore. No one could leave me. No one could damage me more than I already was.

But now I have two people who love me more than I love myself. I can't say they won't leave. Everyone leaves eventually. But I know they won't leave me for a while.

I just wish they were always around me.

God, I'm just so lovestruck aren't I?

I can't even go 30 minutes without thinking about them.

I just hope they think about me just like I think of them.

I groan and plant my forehead on the cafeteria table. Why am I like this? Why is life like this? Why did the universe put two guys in my life and make me want to spend eternity with them.

"Whatchu thinking about." I heard a familiar voice, but it doesn't send shivers to my body. Yet I subconsciously tighten my fist.

I look up and see the sexual harassing, stalker himself.

Tyler.

"Fuck off." I spat darkly at him.

"So you're the guy everyone walks over."

I bit down on my lip, "Shut up."

"You're so weak, you don't even put up a fight." He snickered. And I used every fiber in my body to try not to kick him.

"You're just so pathetic, I can't believe Ellis even talks to you. But then again, he's pathetic himself-"

Something clicked in my head and I snatched his collar, making him eye-to-eye with me.

"Don't ever call him pathetic, you're the pathetic one." I growled.

"What are you gonna do, c-"

And with that, I swung at him. Sending him to the floor. And crimson blood slowly sliding on his nose.

"You bitch-"

"Get a fucking life, your so pathetic. You get your fuel by messing with people." I rolled my eyes and stormed out the cafeteria only to be met with Derick, and his whole group.

I was fucked

Just like that, a fist collided with my jaw and I jerked back, looking at the gang of people stare down at me with smirks, grins, and frowns.

God, please no...

-

I sat against the wall, probably with a black eye, bloody mouth, and a bruise on my stomach.

I wiggled my way off the floor and made my way to the nurse's office.

And she saw me, nurse Susan.
Who eyes widened when she saw me.

"Oh, my dear!" She yelled worriedly
She runs up to me, analyzing my face.
"Sit down." She declared, and I obey.

She grabs a med kit and starts to patch me up to her best of her ability.

"Dear what happened?"

"...Life happened." I sigh, "A reality check. Telling me that life is only good to people who are actually worth something."

She frowns, "Sometimes darlin', life doesn't want you to have happiness, so you have to fight for your happiness."

"But I lost my will to fight, I-I can't do it anymore." I started to fiddled my fingers, resisting the urge to cry.

"Well then that means you need help from the people who you love to find that will power back."

"But what if... they don't love me just the same? What if I don't ever get that will power to fight back?" Tears started to spill over, and rolled down my cheeks.

"Trust me, that will power to fight back will come. Maybe it'll be when you realize you are loved, or some other time. It will come."

I look up at her, she smiles at me. Trying to comfort me as best she can.

"Thank you." I wish I had someone like her growing up. Someone telling me I can do it. Telling me that I'm loved. Rather than because yelled and screamed at, and being told I'm a failure and a mistake.

"No problem." She lightly giggles.
"Don't let no one take your will to fight."

I want the will to fight, I just can't fight anymore. I've been fighting for so long, I just need someone to fight with me, not against me.