[ 𝟏𝟐 ] - 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 | 𝘼𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧

【 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 】

    Sliding into the bar area where Husk was already behind the counter that next morning, (Y/N) propped her head up and watched him clean whiskey glasses with a cloth in silence

    Sliding into the bar area where Husk was already behind the counter that next morning, (Y/N) propped her head up and watched him clean whiskey glasses with a cloth in silence. She wasn't much of a drinker, but she liked sitting at bars and enjoying the atmosphere that it gave off—some better than others, of course. Now, tapping a finger against the wooden surface of the table, she pondered over what to say.

    Fortunately, Husk beat her to it.

    "You gonna order somethin', or are you just gonna sit there all creepy-like?" Husk questioned as he threw the cloth over his shoulder and turned to face her, his hands on his hips whilst his brow raised. "If you don't know, I'm on the clock."

    "Sorry," she jerked backwards, a bit embarrassed that she had been caught. "I'll just take a water."

    "Hmph," he grunted as he pulled out a glass and poured her her drink, then sliding it across the counter towards her before leaning forward. "Didn't think someone like you who'd know an Overlord like Alastor wouldn't drink."

    "Why do you say that?"

    "He's one of the reasons I'm drinkin'," Husk scoffed with a roll of his eyes.

    "Well," (Y/N) laughed lightly as she crossed one leg over the other, staring at her reflection in the glass. "Sometimes I do feel like I need a drink."

    "Why don't you get one?"

    "I guess I'm just afraid if I do, I won't stop."

    "Seems to me you're afraid of a lot of things," Husk pointed out.

    "Maybe," she shrugged.

    "Hm..." Husk hummed with a tilt of his head, then shrugging before turning around so he was now leaning against the counter by one of his elbows, a different glass in hand to clean than the one from earlier. "Anyways, how did someone like you end up in the hands of Alastor? Did he know you were a human soul when he found you?"