[ 𝟑𝟏 ] - 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 | 𝘼𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧

【 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 】

"Hey, Al..." (Y/N) mumbled from where she sat at the bar's counter, her head cradled in her arms as she stared at Alastor beside her, no one else but them in the lobby area considering it was so late in the evening. "I have a question that I wanna ask you... and I feel I should ask it now since I might not be able to later for several different reasons or somethin' other..."

"What is your question, my dear?" Alastor mused as he propped his head up, a whiskey glass in his hand which he drummed his fingers against.

    "This is somethin' I've always wondered, 'cause you have antlers and hair styled into ears like that of a deer, right?" She continued as she leaned forward with a lazy smile drawing across her lips, obviously still intoxicated. "Even your shoes have little deer hoof prints. Not only that, but deers also have tails, and they're so cute. So, Al, I was wondering if—"

    "No," he immediately denied, his eyes narrowing whilst his smile grew.

    "Oh..." (Y/N) deflated.

    She then frowned.

    Wait...

    Does that mean he does or doesn't have a tail?

    "Then... can I at least touch your hair?" She bargained, lacing her fingers together whilst looking up at Alastor with pleading eyes. "Your hair looks so soft and fluffy!"

    His lips twitched.

    I'm never allowing her to drink again.

    "I'd rather you not, my dear," he chuckled as he readjusted his monocle over his eye, the red glass gleaming in the low lighting of the bar. "Besides, you're still intoxicated. If anything, it's likely you'd merely pull my hair out."

    "I would never!" She gasped, shocked that he would even suggest such a thing.

    Alaster's smile only broadened.