[ 𝟐𝟖 ] - 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 | 𝘼𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧

【 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 】

    "Woah, what happened to ya, toots?" Angel asked the next morning when he caught sight of (Y/N) descending the stairs rather haphazardly, reeling backwards in surprise when seeing the prominent bags under her eyes that signaled she didn't sleep...

    "Woah, what happened to ya, toots?" Angel asked the next morning when he caught sight of (Y/N) descending the stairs rather haphazardly, reeling backwards in surprise when seeing the prominent bags under her eyes that signaled she didn't sleep too good. "Oh... didn't sleep well, I take it?"

"Yeah, I just couldn't pass out," she yawned as she promptly collapsed onto the counter of the bar, Husk rolling his eyes at her actions.

"Why?" Angel took a seat beside her. "Somethin' on your mind?"

"Maybe..." she muttered.

Resting her cheek against the clean counter, (Y/N) lazily blinked her eyes when recalling the previous night's events: Alastor, dancing with her, despite his clear aversion to touch. Then again, he liked his personal space whilst at the same time liked invading others'—it was a strange mix that she still couldn't wrap her head around sometimes. Such pondering kept her up all night, to the point where she wasn't sure if she were thinking straight.

"Ugh..." she groaned, burying her head in her arms as if trying to shut out her loud thoughts.

It didn't help.

    Luckily, Alastor didn't seem to be around.

    "Don't worry, baby, I know exactly what you need today to cheer you up," Angel shot her finger guns with all four of his hands, his smile turning cheekier by the second. "You need a night on the town! I know all the best spots to help ya forget about whatever it is you need forgettin'."

    "Isn't it still... eleven in the morning?" (Y/N) glanced at the clock behind the bar.

    "So what?" Angel shrugged.

    "Last time I checked, this one doesn't drink," Husk pointed out to Angel as he gestured with his head to (Y/N), his yellow eyes boring into Angel's own as if trying to peel back the layers hiding his heart and true thoughts. "It ain't fucking rocket science in knowing she's not gonna be comfortable wherever you end up taking her. Might as well give up."

"We can still do something fun without drinkin'," Angel laughed as he threw an arm around (Y/N)'s shoulders. "And, I think I know exactly who to talk to for that shit."

    Giving her and Husk a wink, Angel pulled out his hellphone and typed something into the device before putting it to his ear whilst walking into another room to presumably take a call. Turning back to Husk with a raised brow, all the cat demon could do was give (Y/N) a shrug back, neither of them really knowing what Angel was up to.

    "You think you'll be up to whatever he's thinkin'?" Husk questioned, referring to Angel.

    "I'm sure it'll be fine," she tapped her fingers against the wooden counter as she propped up her head, her gaze roving around the bar's interior. "I don't think Angel's the type that would take me somewhere he thinks will be dangerous for me. Besides, it might do me good to get out of this hotel." She then groaned as she continued, "I mean, the only other time I got out was when I was literally kidnapped—twice. Well, maybe not twice since the last time I stayed willingly to help Angel, but you know what I mean."

    "Sure I do," Husk grumbled, rolling his eyes when remembering such times and all the shit Alastor gave him because of that.

    (Y/N) chuckled lightly.

    "Don't worry," she waved her hand as if to wave away his said grumbles. "I won't be taken this time. That means Alastor won't give you trouble."

    "You ever stop to think why he gets so pissed whenever you're not around?" He pointed at her with one of his sharp claws as his other arm ticked against his body, a bottle of half-filled alcohol dangling loosely from his fingers. "You doing whatever you want isn't something he likes. It means he's not in control. And I think both you and I know how much he likes to be in control."

    "You're not wrong..." she mused, messing with the ends of her (H/L) hair as she did so.

    "Does that mean you're not going?" He arched a brow, then taking a swig from his bottle.

    "I don't think you were telling me this to discourage me not to go," (Y/N) smirked, clearly able to tell what he was saying to her in between what he was actually speaking. "You warned me in not straying too far from the hotel. You did your job. I didn't listen. That's what happened, right?"

    Husk cracked a smile at that.

    "I guess that is what happened, didn't it?" He shrugged as he turned around.

    "I knew I liked you," (Y/N)'s smile widened as she leaned against the counter and gave Husk a hug that lasted for only a second before she released him, waving back at him as she ran to find Angel. "See you around, Husk!"

    Husk scoffed at the absurdity of the situation.

    However, as he rubbed the back of his neck in thought, he found that he didn't entirely hate the hug that (Y/N) gave him. Maybe she was growing on him, but as he stared at his reflection in the glimmering glass of his bottle, he had a feeling that Alastor wouldn't be too pleased if he found out about such a fact. Letting out a heavy sigh, he picked up one of the many clean glasses behind the bar to begin wiping it down, needing something to do with his hands to get his mind off of thinking about the demon who owned his soul.

    A demon who now seemed entirely too interested in another soul.

    What Husk didn't know though, and what he was apprehensive of, was if (Y/N) would be able to escape such a demon's clutches. Holding up the sparkling glass, he huffed at the thought of her ever having to dance within the palm of Alastor's hand.

    He didn't want that for her.

    No, he just didn't want her to end up like him.