[ 𝟓𝟕 ] - 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 | 𝘼𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧

【 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 】

    The glowing, golden portal that connected Hell to Heaven appeared in stark contrast to the blood red sky, already (Y/N) able to see swarms of Exorcists, including Lute and Adam, rushing down towards her, everyone else who lived at the hotel, a...

    The glowing, golden portal that connected Hell to Heaven appeared in stark contrast to the blood red sky, already (Y/N) able to see swarms of Exorcists, including Lute and Adam, rushing down towards her, everyone else who lived at the hotel, and the cannibalistic army Charlie employed. Standing on the roof with Alastor and Severause, she gripped the angelic weapon she was given tightly.

Was she nervous?

Of course.

Not only did she feel as if she would collapse because of the rather ill-thought out choice of engaging in sexual conduct with Alastor the night before a battle, but the thought of actually killing someone weighed heavily on her mind.

She took in a shuddering breath, willing her frayed nerves to settle.

They are trying to kill you.

If you don't kill them, they will kill you.

To help Charlie... to stay here...

"Nervous?" The voice of Severause cut through her spiraling thoughts, jolting her from her trance like state so she could draw her gaze upwards to meet his, his cold blue eyes holding a sharp edge to them that didn't seem to be directed at her, but instead at something else entirely. "You need not be. Through my eyes, God is watching over you. He implemented me to be here to protect you, and I will lay down my life to do as He has asked."

"Thank you," (Y/N) averted her eyes away, now able to hear the screams of the Exorcists.

She steadied herself.

The weight of committing the sun of murder did not leave her mind, though, nervously chewing on her bottom lip when thinking of potential consequences. After all, if God intervened to stop her soul from rotting away out of existence, she would be sent back to her own reality—a reality where someone else would judge her. If They saw the staining of sin on her hands, she was sure They would toss her info whatever fiery inferno of punishment awaited her.