[ 𝟐𝟑 ] - 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 | 𝘼𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧

【 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 】

    After Alastor finally released (Y/N) to her room, she was just about to slip under the covers of her bed when a small knock could be heard on her door

    After Alastor finally released (Y/N) to her room, she was just about to slip under the covers of her bed when a small knock could be heard on her door. Tilting her head at the late-night visitor, glancing at the clock in her room to see that it was well past ten o'clock, she got up anyways and answered the door, surprised when spotting Charlie standing there.

"Hi, (Y/N)!" She greeted cheerfully with an almost hopeful smile.

"Hey, Charlie," (Y/N) returned the smile as she leaned against the doorframe. "I wasn't expecting you so late... aren't you tired? Did you need something? Or... is something wrong?"

"Oh, no, no, no!" Charlie quickly hurried out whilst waving her hands in front of her face. "I just wanted to see if you were okay after the whole fiasco with your kidnapping, and just..." She let out a slow, almost defeated sigh as she then continued, "I just... was also hoping to speak with you about something else. I'm worried about the significance of this hotel for sinners who want to take a chance at redemption, but nothing I do seems to be working. I don't know... I think I just need someone to talk to."

"I'm fine, thank you for your concern," (Y/N) smiled softly as she stepped forward and closed the door behind her. "But, as for someone to talk to about the hotel, what about Vaggie? To me, it looks like she knows what she's doing and that she loves you very much. I'm sure she will always talk to you if you need to."

"Yeah, that sounds like Vaggie..." Charlie chuckled as a soft blush encased her cheeks. "But, you're a guest here at this hotel while she's both my partner and my business partner. I need... a different perspective. And both Sir Pentious and Angel Dust are already asleep." She clasped her hands together with a wide grin, continuing, "Please."

"I'll follow you," (Y/N) laughed softly.

"Yay!" Charlie cheered as she gave her a quick hug before gesturing for her to follow her back to her shared room with Vaggie.

    When the two entered the space, (Y/N) could see Vaggie already dressed in her white nightdress reading a book under the covers of her bed that she shared with Charlie, the canopy above draped in heavy velvet fabric that looked to be able to block any light that could've seeped through the floor to ceiling windows.

    (Y/N) gave Vaggie a wave, the girl only acknowledging her with a momentary glance.

    "Don't mind her, she's just unwinding," Charlie waved off Vaggie's demeanor as she then led (Y/N) to a different corner of the room where she had her sit in a chair facing several poster boards all filled with a variety of ideas for the hotel. "Anyways, while you're here, can I run some ideas by you? I would really like your opinion as a guest!"

    "Go ahead," (Y/N) nodded as she settled in her seat, deciding to get comfortable since she would probably be there for quite some time.

    She was right.

    Besides chatting about potential exercises the residents of the hotel could participate in, the two girls eventually started to speak about more off topic matters as well. From their daily lives to random facts about them, the two opened up to each other and soon enough would devolve into fits of giggles that would draw Vaggie's gaze more than once. Finally, when her curiosity got the better of her, Vaggie joined as well, her once stiff demeanor slowly fading as she too chatted with (Y/N).

    "Ooh, we should give each other manicures!" Charlie suggested as she stood up and rummaged through one of her drawers to suddenly produce a nail polish case complete with every color imaginable. "Doesn't that sound fun?"

    "Sure, babe," Vaggie shrugged.

    "I'll paint your nails, Vaggie," (Y/N) offered with a smile, already picking out a dark blue, almost purple color out for her.

    "Can I paint your nails next, (Y/N)?" Charlie asked as she already started painting her own, obviously an expert in the task as if she had done so so many times before. "I have just the colors for you!"

    "I'd be happy if you would."

    Charlie smiled brightly at that, and as soon as (Y/N) agreed, she couldn't help the small, almost mischievous chuckle escape her lips from the brilliantly wicked and charming idea that entered her mind. The exact colors she was thinking of would certainly produce a reaction from one person in particular, squealing a bit internally at the thought. Eagerly awaiting for (Y/N) to finish painting Vaggie's nails, Charlie was happy when she was finally done so she could set to work.

    Letting out a yawn, (Y/N) propped herself against the couch comfortably as she watched Charlie shake a bottle of red nail polish.

    She fought to keep her eyes open.

    However, wave after wave of grogginess hit her over and over again, her tired eyes sluggishly moving to where a clock was sitting to see it was well after one in the morning. Unfortunately, with Charlie still working on her nails and her muscles unwinding to the point she didn't want to move, she just didn't have the energy to walk back to her room. That meant she promptly fell asleep soon at this realization.

    Charlie waited with bated breath.

    When she was sure (Y/N) wouldn't wake up, she made a 'sh' motion with her finger to her lips towards Vaggie so as not to disturb her sleep, then taking out a bottle of black nail polish. Charlie nodded her head to a rhythm in her head, already anticipating the sweet results of her plan. Vaggie merely smiled at the ridiculousness of the situation as she kissed Charlie goodnight before slipping under the sheets after her nails had dried.

    Finally, Charlie was done.

    Wiping her arm across her forehead, she nodded in satisfaction from her work.

    Carefully arranging (Y/N) in a way where she would be comfortable but also not ruin her nail polish, Charlie then halfway covered her with a blanket before joining Vaggie in their shared bed. As she stared up at the ceiling of the canopy, she couldn't help but chuckle softly.

    I wonder...

What will his reaction be like?

I can't wait!