[ 𝟏𝟖 ] - 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 | 𝘼𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧

【 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 】

    Sitting stiffly before Alastor in his room, (Y/N) did everything she could to avoid his gaze

Sitting stiffly before Alastor in his room, (Y/N) did everything she could to avoid his gaze. The Radio Demon found this response towards his once close proximity quite enjoyable, wondering what her expression would be if he took such a thing a step further, letting out a small hum at the thought as he crossed one leg over the other. However, he didn't have the time to ponder such musings, instead focusing his attention on the task at hand.

"My dear, what happened downstairs was an error on my part," Alastor began, surprising (Y/N). "To think I could've allowed such contrived answers to Vagatha's questions... how senseless of me."

(Y/N) blinked.

Bro, who is this?

Alastor loves himself way too much to admit that he's wrong, so he must be working an angle.

"Right..." she stressed the word as she leaned back, realizing that she once more found herself in an awkward situation. "Listen, Al..." She didn't seem to notice how his impossibly wide grin somehow widened even more at the nickname as she continued, "I get why you think of me as a pet or as entertainment. Your actions make it very clear what your intentions are. It doesn't matter, though. I'm using you, and you're using me. Isn't that what our relationship is at this point?" She then smirked, "Anyways, you don't need to flatter me with lies. We both know they aren't true."

"Hm," Alastor seemed pleased by her answer. "Is that so, my dear?"

"Didn't you say it yourself?" (Y/N) pointed out with a raised brow. "How I'm a 'rare type of entertainment?'"

"You remember my words very clearly."

"Aren't I supposed to?" She smiled sweetly.

Alastor's eyes narrowed every so slightly, yet his smile remained, not truly showing what his actual thoughts were to her words. However, considering she didn't sense any animosity from him, she had to assume that what she said left him satisfied. After all, all she did was feed into his immeasurable narcissism for himself, a trait that he somehow wore very well.

Glancing up when hearing the door to the hotel's front entrance slam, (Y/N)'s entire expression then crumpled when knowing who left.

Alastor noticed such a shift immediately.

He wasn't too sure, but he found such disparaging emotions painting her normally flustered or cheery complexion a weakness in and of itself. Not only that, but it just did not fit her disposition. If anything, he was quite disappointed that she allowed herself to express what she was truly feeling, especially considering he had been trying very subtly to form her into what he believed was best.

What he believed, he thought, was always right.

So he had to fix such a situation.

And he knew exactly how.

Humming a cheerful tone as he stood up, moving as if to leave, he listened as (Y/N) too stood up to follow him out. He couldn't help himself as he suddenly whirled around to surprise her with a wide grin and a shout, watching as her expression did indeed change as he wished. That is, until she tripped over her own feet from how startled she was to crash into him, both of them toppling to the floor. With his back pressed against the door, Alastor glanced down to where (Y/N) had practically landed in his lap. One of her hands was pressed against the inside of his thigh while the other was pressed against the door, her face showing just how flustered she was from the situation she found herself in.

Feeling Alastor's stare practically burrowing into the back of her head, the fact that he hated uninitiated close contact floating to the front of her mind, she instantly reeled back as if burned.

"Sorry!" She hurried out, her words tripping over themselves.

"A mere accident, my dear," Alastor mused as he stood and straightened himself out, his hands smoothing out the creases in his suit before a finger tilted her chin upwards, his eyes lidding. "Besides, it gave you a much better expression."

With that, her face went up in flames.

Laughing to himself hysterically, Alastor then disappeared into his shadow.

Gaping like a fish at the Radio Demon's departure, (Y/N) nervously raked her hands through her (H/C) hair from how nerve wracking being so close to Alastor was, his words giving her the insight of how he was doing so on purpose. She had always thought so, but now she had clear confirmation. However, what she wasn't sure of was if their 'accident' was merely just that, or planned out.

She exhaled loudly.

Ah, who cares!

I can't explain the twisted-ness of that damned demon's mind!

I have Angel to worry about!

Letting out a huff of breath, she swung open the door of Alastor's room and back down the hall towards the main lobby, able to see Vaggie comforting Charlie by the front door. Already knowing of the fiasco that was going to happen and wishing to avoid it, (Y/N) ran down the stairs to catch Charlie before she left. What's more, she could just as easily play off the fact that she knew exactly who Angel's boss was.

"Charlie!" She yelled just as the girl opened the front door before then turning around in puzzlement. "Would you mind if I come with you?"

"Huh?" Charlie tilted her head. "What for?"

"I overheard your conversation with Vaggie, and I'm also very concerned about Angel, so I was wondering if I could go with you to help talk to his boss?" (Y/N) suggested very casually, telling a lie that wasn't half-bad since it was clear she and Angel had been on better terms. "If not, that's okay... I just thought two would be better than one!"

"Okay!" Charlie's smile returned full force. "That's a good idea! For sure!"

Smiling, (Y/N) touched her pendent, and with that, transformed into a cat. Allowing herself to be picked up by Charlie, she then propped herself on the Princess's shoulders, her tail curling and swaying off the side.

"Alright, then!" Charlie affirmed with a smile, her hands on her hips. "Let's do this!"

 "Let's do this!"