🥀 - Chapter 7 - 🌹

(Helena perspective)
it were 3 very long days, 3 days without talking to Ominis. Our paths crossed yesterday in the hall, we stared at each other but said nothing and walked on.

*this distance is killing me*

I wanted to know why we were so distant. We were so cozy together, we had so much fun. And since our days at the waterfall everything was different.

I looked out my window and saw him sitting outside in the shade with a book.

*Had I done something wrong? Did he think he had done something wrong? Or did he just like the quiet and peace? Did I like the quiet? NO! Why is he not speaking to me? is he mad at me?*

I rubbed my hair and cried out ''AARRGH''.
I threw my book on the floor and looked at Ominis again.

He was sitting there so quiet and calm in the shade with his wand and book. I wanted to talk to him but didn't know where to start or what to say.

I walked over to my bed and plopped down.

-

(Ominis perspective)
It took a few days before I felt her presence in the hall. I wanted to take her hand and talk to her but I didn't know what to say. It felt like I had done something wrong at the waterfall, if that was the reason why she was avoiding me.

maybe i had given her some flashbacks of Sebastian when i touched her..
I stared ahead and back to my book. I continued reading in my book but had a hard time keeping my thoughts there.

*Damn, i can't focus*

In the house I heard her screaming and throwing something.

oh merlin, she is mad..*.

After an hour of daydreaming I got up and went inside the living room.
I dropped myself on the couch and sighed deeply as I listened to the sound of the fireplace.

-

(Helena perspective)
I walked down the stairs, through the back door, I really needed to blow off some steam.
Behind the house I found a quarry with stones and gravel. I held my fingers in the air and let the stones fly off the ground, above my head. I spun them around like the Milky Way did with planets.

I tried it again and focused on a large stone in front of my foot. I pointed my hand at the stone, cleared my head and it began to float.

*How did i do that?* and I dropped the stone again.

Could my ancient magic now work without a wand? Or was it the emotions?

I was going insane over my thoughts.

I couldn't take the tension anymore and walked inside towards the living room.

There I saw Ominis sitting on the couch staring at the fireplace in front of him.

-

(Ominis perspective)
I heard Helena's footsteps walking towards the living room.
It was the way her boots made noise on the stone floor.

*shit She's coming, what should I do now*

I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to sleep on the couch.
I felt her getting closer and her breath was getting faster and faster.

My heart was pounding up and down in my chest.

*why is her breathing so quick*

I felt two arms fall over my shoulders.

''Ominis'' she whispered.

as she played with the buttons of my open blouse, occasionally touching my skin.

*Damn Helena what are you doing to me..*

''Ominis'' she said in a whisper.

I didn't respond and enjoyed her touches on my bare skin.

She sighed deeply and released me.

-

(Third person perspective)
Ominis opened his eyes and heard Helena walking to the stairs.

He grabbed his wand quickly and ran upstairs after her. Before she could slam the door shut he stopped the door with his hand and leaned forward.

''Lena'' he said half-exhausted.

Helena looked at Ominis with tears in her eyes.

He pushed the door open and grabbed her by her waist.
She sobbed softly as tears rolled down her cheeks.

He released her and wiped the tears away from her cheeks.
She rested her head against his forehead as he held her again.

''Are you angry at me?" she said in a whisper.

''No I'm not angry Helena, I'm here. I thought you were angry at me, we have to talk about this'' Ominis said seriously.

-

He escorted her to the chair by her bedroom window and made her sit down.

''Listen Lena'' He said as he walked around her room.

''You're my best friend, but I won't do anything I'm going to regret. The touching, care, conversations and that teasing we did that day at the waterfall was very intimate to me. And I want you to know that I don't regret it, but I need to know Helena. Do you feel more for me than just friendship right now?''

Helena looked at ominis as she felt her cheeks grow warm from blushing.

''Sorry if I gave you the wrong intentions Ominis. I feel safe with you, and I like the touch of your warm hands. I'm not sure if there are romantic feelings towards you, but I do know that I really like being with you. I love your presence and charms towards me, and i enjoy it to see you this happy since a long time. Your my bestfriend Ominis, like Sebastian is. I trust only you to held me like that at the waterfall! And i don't regret it, it was a nice and lovely day with you. And i will do it again if you would let me''

Ominis looked at Helena and whispered.

''Lena Since our first hug, i want nothing more than to touch and feel you. But I don't want to cross any boundaries, you are my best friend not my lover. And i'm not like Sallow, i won't hurt you.. ever. I want you to have my heart dear because i trust you with it. So please be carefull with it, think about my feelings when your flirting.. Because i do want to explore more than this friendship. And i think that i knew it for a while now.. promise me to keep an eye out and to be my bestfriend besides these feelings i have for you?".

''I understand Omi, i promise to be carefull with you. And i still want to be your bestfriend! and what do you mean by your not Sallow, When did Sallow hurt me?'' She said worried.

He bowed over her and put his hands on the chair.

''That's a story for another day. for now.. it's better for me to keep a little distance.
i want you to experience more and see other people before you and i can be togheter..''

''because i may be your last and only love''

He stood up gave her a kiss on her forehead and walked out of the room.

Helena sat in her chair full of wonder and questioning after that conversation.