🥀 - Chapter 32 -🌹

(Helena perspective)
Along with Anne and Imelda, I sat in our dormitory in the slytherin common room. They were showing their dresses and putting it on and discussing what makeup and shoes they were going to put on. I sat in front of the Vanity and stared at myself in the mirror, I still hadn't heard from Ominis and his visit to his parents...I was worried. I brushed my hair and cleaned my face with a cloth. Behind me, the ladies were busy fitting and chatting.

This morning , I had a letter from my mother wishing me well at my first prom and wanted to meet soon. She also described how much Evan was struggling with our last goodbye. I understood it, too. The connection and click I felt with Evan was very pure and beautiful. And we ended it in a fucked up way, by opening and closing a mental and physical door in one day.

Had he come into my life earlier, he could have been my future, and he knew that....
But my heart had already been stolen by someone else, and I chose the man who stole it.

I turned when there was a knock on the door and walked towards it to open it.
There was no one at the door or in the hallway, and when I looked down, there was a box....

A black box with a white bow, I picked it up and took it inside.

''What do you have there?"
asks Imelda curiously who walked up to me.

''This, someone left this at our door...'' I said, surprised.

''Oehh, a secret package! Who is it for? Is it from Garreth?"
responded Anne, who sat on her bed edge wide-eyed.

I grabbed the name tag and read it out.
''For my nightingale.''

Imelda laughed. ''Who's that?''

''That's me...he's from Ominis.'' I said as my cheeks began to blush.

Anne jumped up from her bed and ran to me.
''open it! that would be your dress!!!''

Imelda came closer too, and I pulled the white ribbon of the black box and took off the lid. Inside was a white rose. I pushed away the satin paper and found a letter and a white dress. I opened the letter and began to read.

-Letter-

Nightingale,

as you know, I have informed my parents of the circumstances.
With positive results and joy, I can tell you that I have succeeded.
My parents have accepted my conditions and given them their respect.
I will tell you the details at our picnic tomorrow afternoon.

My promise to you I have not forgotten my dear.
As you know, I am a man of tradition, honour, and romance.
I have searched all of Gaunt Manor for the perfect white dress.
For all may see, and all may know that you are now mine.
A member of the Gaunt Family and my date.

you, my love, deserve your own fairytale.

Sincere,
Ominis Gaunt

-

(Ominis perspective)
I had put on my finest black suit with black patent leather shoes. A neat white shirt and silver cufflinks. In the pocket of my coat, a white rose and my hair neatly combed back. I wore my necklace that I shared with Helena and had a small white box in my pocket. I had a black leather mask on my head and on my wrist a silver watch.

Along with Garreth, Amith, Leander, and other male students, we stood at the bottom of the stairs waiting for our female dates to arrive.

We were talking about our summer vacation plans and ideas for the new school year. I had just given my coat to Professor Sharp in the checkroom upon entering. Some teachers had already come up to me to compliment me on my charming appearance.