🥀 - chapter 50 -🌹

(Helena perspective)
the afternoon in the Rosarium I read Sebastian his letter, over and over again.
And I watched the first vial memory three times. I was trying to figure out what he meant al this time..
I was feeling so stupid, so dumb to not see what he was saying to me. It was so obvious... but I didn't want to believe it.. I didn't believe he loved me for.. Me.

I recounted the words and sentences over and over again.
''I've missed you.. - delicious.. - do that again if you dare.. - don't push me to my limits, fig! - you're my friend - it's okay sunflower, I'll always be here.. - you know I love you.. My kindred spirit - you better change your attitude fig! - Don't touch me! - sunflower you better stay away from me today - I can't handle myself - seeing you in this, it's just very hard for me -
I want to do this right.. You.. Us..''

Why couldn't he just tell me how he felt about me..
It isn't hard.. Right?

-

(Ominis perspective)
I sat down at the dinner table with Sebastian and Helena next to me.
They didn't speak, nor did i. Everyone in the manor went home to their families.
I had sent them home because one of my surprises was a cooked meal for Helena.
The entire afternoon I stood in the kitchen to make a big Spaghetti bowl.

Helena her facial expression wasn't hard to read, she cried today.
Her well known blue eyes were dull, red and soft of all the crying.
She had changed her outfit during the day, no Sallow sweater.. Thank god.
She was now wearing a brown suede long sleeve top and a large white skirt beneath it.
Her hair was braided and pinned on top of her head.

Sebastian his expression was relaxed and composed..
He was wearing a black tight pants with a Grey sweater over it.
His hair was neat, and he shaved his beard from long edges.

Helena didn't look up from her plate of food, her nose was almost buried in the tomato sauce.
Sebastian was spinning his fork with spaghetti with every bite he took.

Something happened today when I was gone.. They were nervous.
I felt the tension in the air..

''Did I miss something important today?'' I said breaking the ice.
They didn't respond, and continued with what they were doing.
I took a sip of my wine and sighed.

''good to know that you guys are friends again, the secrets are back I see''
Helena almost choked on her food, and Sebastian coughed his throat to avoid it.
They looked at each other with no expression and then to me. My head bumped from Helena to Sebastian.. And back. Helena took another bite and responded ''We don't have any secrets.''
Her nose deep down in the tomato sauce again to avoid my gaze at her.

''Yeah right..'' I chuckled.

-

After dinner I called for my thestral Athena and her sister Olivia.
Helena sat behind me on Athena and Sebastian sat on Olivia on his own.
We had to fly to Helena her birthday surprise, because apparating wasn't allowed there.
We flew into the air the cold night breeze crept on my warm fingers.
Helena her arms rested around my waist as her head was leaning against my back.
I looked beside me where Sebastian was eyeing us out like we were his enemies.
He quickly flew past us on Olivia and shot to the sky with her.
It was a 30 minutes fly, when we landed between mountains and large pine trees.
I conjured some meat for the thestrals and told them to stay close.

(Helena perspective)
I stepped off Athena and looked at Sebastian that jumped of Olivia and petted her on her nose.
The whole flight I stared at him, my best friend...

Because I kept reading and watching the first vial and letter, I couldn't get to the second ones.
I would read them later tonight or tomorrow if I was feeling okay.