🥀 - chapter 34 -🌹

(Helena perspective)
The next day, Ominis and I sat on our big picnic rug by the waterfall. On our rug was a large basket with sandwiches, fruit, bottles of drinks in yellow red and orange colours. Around us, the singing birds flew in the sunlight. They were busy gathering twigs and leaves for their nest.

In the sky were a few white clouds with behind them the beautiful blue colors of the world itself. We had been swimming in the warm water for a while and were now sitting in the sun dreaming.

I thought about the wonderful day we had experienced yesterday. About our Dance, our conversation in the courtyard, our first time.... and I thought about that strange person that came to me 'this Wolf' He said to me. I grabbed some grapes from the basket and put them in my mouth.

"Ominis," I said with my mouth full of grapes. He laughed. "Eat up before you talk." I quickly chewed the grapes and swallowed them.

"Yesterday a strange person came up to me...and he called himself 'this wolf'. Did you see or notice who that was?"

He looked at me out of the corner of his eye. "Did he smell like book covers, paper scrolls, and cinnamon?"

I was confused by his answer. "Yes...exactly that!!! The smell was so familiar to me, so you know who I mean?"

He sighed deeply and threw a pebble into the water that lay at his feet. "That was that Gino. we ran into him yesterday while dancing. He was Anne's date to the ball. He smelled like book covers, paper scrolls, and cinnamon as he walked by. It reminded me of Sebastian. He always smelled like that."

''Do you think that Gino, was Sebastian?"

He threw another pebble into the water. ''I don't know Lena...it could be. I mean, he was released from Azkaban, and Anne has seen him somewhere in the past few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised.''

I took a sip of my orange drink and looked at my feet ''What if he has seen us together...we would tell him about us when the time came I know that...but what if he really was at the ball yesterday and saw us together like that, he would be so angry.''

Ominis grabbed my hand ''Don't worry dear, it will be all right. Anne started a conversation with him, too. And we will too as soon as he comes to us for answers''

-

(Ominis perspective)
Helena had sunk into deep thoughts again and had said nothing more about Sebastian. It was so quiet in the forest that I could almost hear her brain cracking from thinking.

After half an hour of silence, she picked up two glasses and poured them full of red drink, and handed me a glass. She turned to me. ''Tell me about your parents' Ominis.''

I turned myself to Helena, took a sip, and cleared my throat.

''As I had told you in the letter I had the confrontation with my parents. It went like how i planned it to be. And it just worked out for me, Helena. My expectations of the confrontation were not high. However, I thought it would fail. Because you know my father by now, he will do anything to get his own way. I sat at the desk, demanding the conditions I wanted for my own life and future. everything I wanted I had put in the contract."

I took the letter out of my pocket and handed it to Helena. I waited patiently for her to finish reading the contract I had given her. When she finished, she looked up from the paper to me.

''You really approached this very cleverly Ominis. Everything you wanted is in the contract, and Marcus and Marelie signed it. I just don't know if it was smart to put the consequences in there...I thought you were going to tell your parents this verbally to make a statement. This could have nasty consequences.''