🥀 - Chapter 61 -🌹

(Helena perspective)
In the evening, Sebastian and I apparated back to Gaunt Manor. I was glad i could have a worry-free afternoon and evening with no problems. Just hanging out with Sebastian like i used to do.. Only different than before. I didn't know how i was going to tell Ominis about me and Sebastian.. But i had to, i owe him that much.

Sebastian took my wrist in a hold as he pulled me towards him before we stepped through the gate of the garden. "What are you going to tell him?" He asked. "The truth.." i shook of his touch and stepped inside. "And what precicsly is the truth? Who are we right now?" He stepped after me. "Best friends" i nodded. "Don't fool yourself, Helena. Best friends Don't kiss like that, and you know it" he shrugged.

We stood in front of the frontdoor "What do you want me to say, Sebastian? That i will leave him for you!?" His nostrils flared "i didn't say that" i turned to him "no but that's what you want.. I know you" i took his hand "don't get me wrong.. This day was amazing with you, i had so much fun. But i need to get back to reality, and that is my relationship with Ominis."

He took my other hand, "What about me? Our kiss.. You can't ignore it Helena" I shook my head "I won't Sebastian.. Just give me some time. You know that I want to be with you" and i opened the door of the manor. We both stepped into the house, where silence took us over. Sebastian went to the bar for a drink as i walked to the library to look for Ominis.

My hands pushed the door open to the studies, and there I found Ominis. But he wasn't alone; he was bent over a red-haired woman on the cough, kissing and snogging. I made a low sigh as I tried to say, "What's going on here"

Ominis startled at hearing my voice and quickly stood up from his seat. "Helena, it's.. Uhm" i never saw Ominis this speechless before; he felt busted. I saw his breathing quick and unsteady as he tried to grab the chair by its arm to not faint. The red-haired woman stood beside him, and she slightly smiled at me. "Helena, ma chérie. I'm so sorry you had to see that.

"Helena, darling.. '' He wanted to grab my hand, but I pulled it away. Ominis took a step towards me, but I stepped back. "Just tell me what's going on," I asked as I tried not to cry. "I.. When.." he stumbled over his words.

He took a deep breath to compose his breathing and spoke, "When I brought your father to Azkaban today, I came across Agatha. She was there to deliver a few poachers. We talked in front of the prison, but it felt odd to do that, so I went home. And I was feeling lonely. You were away, and Sebastian was gone. So I kind of invited her to the manor, and we had a wonderful day. It just felt nostalgic, for good times sake."

I smiled and said, "It's alright. I'm not mad," his eyes softened. "You're not mad at me?" I took a step towards him, "I'm not. Likewise, I get it... I can't blame you." He lifted his hand to cover his eyes, "oh, thank Merlin. How could I be so stupid"

He looked up at my body and at what I was wearing. I was still wearing Sebastian's hoodie. My hands were stuffed into the sleeves.

"Where were you today?" He asked worried. "Ominis.. i.."

I went into the library feeling super confident, but there was nothing left anymore. I pulled out my hand from the sleeve to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear as I stared at Ominis.

A warm presence stood behind me, and I exactly knew who that was. He was probably eavesdropping and came to rescue me from this awkward moment.
I turned to meet his gaze on me as he gently smiled, and I smiled back to him and turned to Ominis again.

"Why doesn't this surprise me.."Ominis said as he sat on the edge of the cough.
"It was odd that you were gone after the funeral... I thought you needed me. But then I found out that Sebastian was gone too. And I had my suspicions... But I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to think that you two were together and left me as always."