🥀 - chapter 41 -🌹

(Ominis perspective)
I was in Gaunt Manor reading a book about birds. I was sitting in the library on a big green lounge chair next to the window. I stared out occasionally, listening to the sounds of my nightingale bird Nalu. After I got Nalu from Anne for my birthday, I conjured up a bigger cage for her. So she would have more room to move and fly and create a nest of her own. I regularly put materials in her cage so she could continue to build that beautiful work of art of hers.

With patience and curiosity, I sat waiting for a letter from Helena. Today was her first day in Ambrose city, and I was curious about her journey. After all, she had promised me to write every day about the things she saw and experienced in that strange city....

After a few hours of waiting, I looked at the big clock above the bookcase.
*11 o'clock...I'll just head for bed, I'll see her letter tomorrow*

-

The next morning, I looked in the kitchen, dining room, living room, parlor, by the front door, and the mailbox... but still no letter from Helena. *Maybe she forgot*

I decided to practice a bit for my piano lessons and did a few spells on the practice dummies in the garden. And i had changed my bedroom again for the 3rd time. Everything was so different and getting used to now that my sight was 50% back.... I still didn't see well and everything sharp, but at least I could see. and for that, I was eternally grateful.

-

In the late afternoon, Flood came to fetch me. For there was a large animal standing in the front yard of the manor. I grabbed my magic wand from the pianoforte and walked toward the garden.

With great strides, I stepped through the door, and the bright sunlight blinded my eyes, I blinked a few times. I saw a white fur, the white wolf was back. Sebastian...

He stepped towards me and changed into his human form. He stood up from the ground, and he was actually a head taller than me. His muscular upper body had a tan, and he put on a sweater over it. He stepped even closer and saw his face clearly and sharply.

"Ominis..." he nodded.

"Sebastian..." I nodded back.

He looked at my wand in my hand and back at my eyes and smiled.
"Were you planning to attack me, Gaunt?"

He took another step forward, and I didn't hesitate for a moment, "Depulso."

"Protego."
''Stupify''

''Protego''
''Levioso''
''Descendo''

Sebastian flew into the big fountain in the middle of the square.
I put the wand in my pocket ''Let this be a warning. Sallow, you are not welcome today''.

He stood up and pointed his finger at me.''You have no right to be angry with me, Gaunt. I haven't done anything to you in the past 2 years!''

I turned and walked toward the front door.
''Unknowingly you have caused me enough pain and suffering. Get out of my sight, Sebastian. I am not yet able to communicate with you''.

''Diffindo!'' Sebastian was now attacking me.

''Protego''
''Rictumsempra,'' I teased back.

''Protego''
''Confringo,'' He said irritated.

''protego totalum''
''Sectumsempra'' I took a step forward.

''Protego totalum''
''CRUCIO,'' he shouted in frustration.

As quickly as Sebastian cast the spell, I conjured with my wand.

''INIRUM MALEDICAT''

The curse bounced back toward Sebastian, and he fell to the ground but seemed unharmed.