🥀 - chapter 39 -🌹

(Helena perspective)
Around me were men wearing long black leather jackets and animal masks.

I looked at my surroundings, a large stone square surrounded by dilapidated buildings-a factory.
No signs, no words, and no street names, I was in a totally unknown place.
The sky was grey, and it was beginning to dusk. The moon was appearing behind a cloud.

The dark magic I had felt in my body for a year was suddenly gone.
I stared at Evan with a confused look in my eyes. What had just happened?
My body felt sick, weak, and nauseous as I looked into his bright blue eyes.
That familiar grin appeared on his face as he played with his wand.

I looked at my hands, which were corpse pale and blue from the cold feeling in my body. My Ancient Magic had been triggered by something and wanted to release itself from my controlled brain.
I had this feeling before - the day Sebastian and I were trapped in the Goblins' dungeons.

I felt betrayed, deceived, triggered, and full of emotions as I watched Evan.
How could someone be so unsensitive and trick someone like that without a shred of emotion.

-
(Song: Kelsey Woods - Darling)
-

My legs took over my brain and stood up from the mountain of sand I was lying on.

''Evan, please, this is not you,''
I said confidently.

He looked at his friends and smiled around as he stroked a hand through his hair.

I felt out of place, used, broken, and embarrassed, and the well-known tingle came into my fingers. That beautiful blue glow glowed around my hands, and I quickly looked at it and back at Evan.

He followed the direction of my head and also looked at my hands.

''You better not strike Mrs. Helena Ambrose. You don't want to hurt your father dear, do you?''

I quickly turned and looked at the men around me who, one by one, were removing their masks. None of them looked like my father from the picture....

Evan raised his wand.
''Aparecium''

Behind him appeared a large wooden pole with a man tied to it with iron chains, a tan hue, and wearing brown pants and sweaters. Over his head was a brown broken bag.

''NO,'' I shouted loudly as I wanted to run toward him.

''DEPULSO''

I flew back to where I was first standing and slowly bent my head up.
''WHY!!! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? LET MY FATHER GO!"

The men started laughing with hysteria again and clapped their hands.

I looked at Evander's face. His tan was getting lighter, and his face was growing hair. That well-known black hair colored lighter and lighter to dark brown with a red glow. His body went down slightly in length, and he became fuller and firmer. On his face was now a brown beard and and his lips were thinner, hidden by a moustache.

The clothes remained the same, only the shoe size seemed larger because I could see the shoes growing.
Evan's bright blue eyes changed to deep chocolate brown eyes with short lashes.
Next to his nose was a large burn and above his lip a huge scar.

Before me stood..
no longer Evander Ambrose.
But my own father..
Alaric Ambrose.

I looked at my father and at the man tied to the pole. Back to my father and again to the man on the pole.

I shook my head and threw a big wooden barrel at a man behind me.
The man flew back, another wooden barrel to the man next to it.
Three glass bottles against another and a wooden stick against the man next to my father.

I rolled on the ground and grabbed the wand from the white man diagonally behind me. As fast as I rolled, I stood up again with my wand pointed at my father.

''Helena, dear... you're not going to hurt your old father now that he's seeing you again for the first time in years, are you? That would really disappoint me deeply if you did.''

''Father, no father ... I don't care about any of it! I was better off without you!''
''BOMBARDA''

''PROTEGO''
''STUPEFY''

''PROTEGO''
''STUPEFY''

My father jumped aside.
''CONFUNDUS''

I fell backwards with the flames of fire flying around my body.

''You didn't think you were stronger than me, did you, my child?''

He pointed the wand toward my head.
''Legilimens''

My father invaded my head and showed me all the memories of the past.
My birth, How he left my mother in Aranshire, How my mother left me....
How he had imprisoned me for his own battle and war. My battle against Ranrok. He saw Ominis, Evander, and Sebastian. Anne, Imelda, Poppy, Natty, Amith, Garreth, Professor Weasley, and Eleazar. The day he had visited me in Aranshire to take me with him. My woodworking art in the dungeon today.

He jumped out of my head with a loud bang and fell backwards.
I stood up quickly and pointed the wand now toward his head.
''Legilimens''

I saw his birth, my own, and his happy life with my mother. My mother cheated with another man. His departure, and return for me. How he threatened my mother into telling her secrets about me. His fight against other wizards and witches. His own torture in Azkaban. How he had grabbed Evan in Ambrose city when he wanted to protect my mother. The way he tortured and broke Evan. How he had taken a polyjuice potion with Evander's hair in it. And our conversation in the cell.

The moment I regained clear vision, I pointed my wand at the man on the pole.
''Accio'' I said as I caught the brown bag in my right hand.

''EVAN''
and I ran up to him and looked at him for injuries.
''Helena...''
I put my hands on his cheeks
''I'm here''.
He got tears in his eyes
''You are here''.

Behind me, I heard a deep sigh and snarl.
It was my father standing up with 3 more men.

Evan bit my hand ''RUN! GO! NOW!"

''EVAN!''

''NOW! HELENA! IT'S DANGEROUS''.

''I WON'T LEAVE YOU BEHIND!''

''HELENA, LOOK AT ME!''
I stared into Evander's deep blue eyes that were full of tears.

''Helena, I love you with all my soul! don't forget that. but you really have to go now, save yourself.''

We pressed our foreheads together, and the tears fell from our cheeks. ''I'll be back'' I cried as I gave him a kiss on his cheek.

''Please, just let me go. mi amor, it's alright!!!" Whispered Evan to me.

I stepped back, and I wiped my tears away from my face. I looked behind me again and saw my father grab his wand from the ground.
He held it high in the air, and dark green flashes of light flew toward us in the sky.

"GO MI AMOR! GO!"

I grabbed the stolen wand from my shirt and took another look at Evander, and he nodded at me with a grateful look. The green flash landed on his heart, and I aparate myself away from the factory.

I landed in the fountain of Gaunt Manor, where Sebastian and Ominis were standing.