🥀 - Chapter 11 -🌹

(Helena Perspective)
The village was in the middle of the forest, The houses were white with stones and wood surrounded.
Walking in Ambrose felt like a different reality, people wore different clothes. Dark academia with a touch of historical. We walked past a bar that had a big wooden sign with 'The rose' hanging over the door. A restaurant with tables outside on the terrace, children playing in the street.

In the distance, I saw an older woman standing with a brown coat, two books in her hand.
The closer we got, the more I started to recognise her from the pictures in my photo album.

''Auntie, we are back from our round,'' said Raphael giving her a kiss on her cheek.

''Boys, how nice! Thank you for your time and effort today. I see you brought visitors.''

She looked at me.

''Hello nice to meet you, I'm Guinevere Ambrose''.

''Mom is that you?"

I grabbed her hands and stared at her with my bright blue eyes.

''Ow sorry dear, I think you are confusing me for someone else. I don't have a daughter anymore, she died at young age''. She grabbed two apples from her bag and handed one to me and Ominis ''Here these are freshly picked from the apple orchard, I have to go now as I have a meeting''.

''See you tonight Guinevere'' said the boys in chorus.

She walked away towards the other side of town and looked back once more to look at me.

-

Evan approached me ''So you're looking for your mother? Interesting!''
He put an arm around me and pulled me along to the big house in the middle of town.

We were allowed to stay at their house for the night, we got a room on the top floor. I closed the bedroom door and walked over to the bed and plopped down on it.

''Helena are you okay?'' Said Ominis with worry in his voice.

''Ominis, that woman! I think she's my mother... There's no other way.
She looked exactly like me and the woman in the pictures!?''

''Maybe she's in denial...'' Ominis said while he took of his coat.

''I don't know what's going on here, but we are where we need to be''.

He lay down beside me ''Come we'll get some rest, it's been a long day''.

I couldn't sleep, my head had so many questions and worries. I wanted answers!
Ominis slept very deeply, I got out of bed and put on my clothes and jacket and snuck out of the bedroom. In the hall hung family photos, portraits of former family members and certificates.
I heard footsteps at the end of hall behind a big black door, I was startled and wanted to run the other way. Before I could turn around, I bumped into someone who was clearly not stepping aside. Two hands held my arms in a strong grip before I fell over.

I looked up into two bright blue eyes that were pierced on me.

''Ah freckles, exploring I see?''

*Oh god*

''Oh Evander, sorry! I didn't even hear you coming''.

He looked at my lips and back at my eyes again.

''I'm as quiet as a mouse. So tell me, were you looking for me mi amor?''

''No, i'm not looking for you Evan. I'm on my way out to explore the city'' I said as I pulled out of his grip. I turned and walked down the stairs to the back door through the small garden into the street.

-

The further I walked the more I noticed that I was being chased by someone with heavy footsteps. I quickly ran through the gate around the corner and ducked behind a large tree. I grabbed my wand from my coat pocket and held it ready in the air. The footsteps came closer and closer, louder and louder. When the ghoul came running around the corner I pushed him backwards while shoving my wand into his neck.