🥀 - chapter 49 -🌹

(Helena perspective)
I walked through the hallways with my gift from Sebastian in my hands.... I wanted to open it. But I didn't want anyone to see what was inside.... It felt like a secret. So I took it to the Rosarium in the garden. I put it on the bench and looked at the wild roses.

I thought back to what had just happened....

- earlier that day -

After my physical birthday present from Ominis, we sat on my bed. I was sitting with my knees pulled up and my back to him. He sat with his legs wide against me as he brushed and braided my hair. I enjoyed his warm, soft fingers on my head, my neck, my ear. I stared out the window as Ominis spoke to me. He told me about his surprise for me tonight.

But my mind wandered to something else. Someone else...

I tried to remember what had happened with Sebastian last night and why I was wearing his shirt.
Little bits and pieces formed in my mind, but it made no sense.
A kiss, a sweater, booze, music, vomit....

"So what do you think?" asked Ominis.

"Huh," I shook my head....
My thoughts brought me back to reality.

"Helena, are you listening to me?" He said confused.

"Not really no..." I replied with a shy smile. I turned to him and gave him a sweet smile. "Tell me, Ominis," I said.

He smiled. "You'll see tonight."
"Where were you?"

"I'm here..." I said confused.

"No, with your thoughts..."

I didn't dare say his name....
Afraid we'd get into another fight.

He grabbed my hands and looked at me.
"You were thinking about him, weren't you?"

"Yes..." I whispered.
Are you mad at me?"

He sighed deeply as he rubbed my hands.
"Of course not..."

I waited for Ominis to continue his sentence. But he said nothing for a few seconds. I looked for confirmation an okay sign in those beautiful gray eyes.

But he just stared at me while his breathing was low, slow and loud enough to hear.
"Do you miss him?" He asked.

I looked down into my lap. "Sometimes..."

"Do you miss him now?"
"I do," I said as a tear appeared in my eye.

"Go talk to him, honey.... I have to go anyway. I have some things to do for tonight. For your big surprise." And he smiled.

We leaned forward and kissed each other.
"I love you, darling" he whispered.
"I love you," and I kissed him.

He got up from the bed and grinned at me as he walked toward the door. "You better bring your wand if you're going to see him... He saw us intimate before we walked into the bedroom. Maybe he's angry... because I smiled at him when I took you." And he closed the door.

My thoughts struck, merlin Ominis.... how could he do that to him.

I felt sorry for Sebastian. I didn't want him to see or experience that.
It was bad enough that he had lost me to Ominis, and now this.
I quickly rushed to his bedroom door, but he didn't open it....

I kept going, not because I wanted to. Believe me, everything inside me wanted to stop.
I kept going, because I deserved to know what it felt like not to give up.
So I looked at him today... and our eyes met, then I smiled, but he looked away.
I just wanted to talk, I couldn't even explain how I feel anymore.
He was different today, his smile was sweet, different from the rest....