🥀 - chapter 43 - 🌹

(Ominis perspective)
Throughout my life, I have read many books about love, drama, and passion.
But what Sebastian just told me in the rose garden I did not expect.
I had thought of many scenarios in my mind, but absolutely not this one.
A feeling that was hidden and limited to give her all the joy in her life.
For her, a chance to discover true love, a new beginning, and hope for the future.
I also understood now why he always helped her and was so much there for her as a good friend.
Sebastian preferred her happiness to his own; her dreams were important.
He was hopelessly in love with her, ever since the beginning....

''I had no idea Sebastian. I'm sorry to hear that. Why didn't you tell me?''

''I couldn't.... Helena... she was so happy! I didn't want to hurt her. And I had nothing but bad luck. Everything I did or meant well went completely wrong. That's why I decided to fight for her! I want to prove myself! I want to do it right! I want to show her that I can be different too. Not the monster and nightmare of her dreams. But you...''

''I'm in the way?''

''YES! Ominis, because of you, my chance is lost-I've lost her to you!''

''I'm sorry you feel this way, Sebastian...''

''Yeah, me too...''

He sighed deeply and looked at the clouds in the sky again.
''If I had another chance, I would take it! If I even see that she still has feelings for me, I'll go for it. And I hope you understand that...''

I nodded.''I understand that. and I give you my permission.''

His eyes twinkled in the bright sunlight, and those tears appeared.
''Are you serious?''

''I love Helena as much as you do...and I want her to be happy. If she's open to it, I could talk to her about this, but I'm not forcing her into anything she doesn't want.''

''That would make me very happy, thanks, bro.''

We smiled at each other.

Sebastian got a grin on his face.
''Maybe we can share her''

I shook my head.
''Don't push it Sallow''

-

-back to the present-

(Helena perspective)
I sat in the ice cold fountain at Gaunt Manor. My clothes were increasingly wet, and my arms and hands were covered in blood and bruises. My clothes had been thorn to shreds, and my face felt like stone. My head was spinning, and I saw with my blurry vision from the apparating.

When my sight was visually returned, I saw Ominis and Sebastian standing by the fountain. Looking at me.

I looked at Ominis and at Sebastian.
I looked at my body again.
I closed my eyes and looked at Ominis again. And to Sebastian.
I wiped the tears out of my eyes, I had been crying. I stared to myself in the reflection of the water. The blood on my hand was smeared all over my face now, and I cried again... this was Evan's blood.

I held my arms in The air toward Ominis, my safe haven and home. "Ominis help me..." I cried.

He quickly stepped toward the fountain and pulled me up under my arms. He lifted me out of the cold water and pressed my cold body against his warm one.

He stroked his hand over my back for reassurance. I was home. I pressed my icy and dirty face against his warm upper body as he held me.

And I lost my balance fell backwards and was pulled back by two warm rough hands by an even warmer upper body. I closed my eyes, this warmth brought me into my comfort zone.