🥀 - Chapter 29 -🌹

(Helena Perspective)
Weeks, it took weeks before I could see Ominis again.

He had literally given me all the space I needed and was doing everything he could to avoid me.

I never saw him in the Slytherin dormitory, at breakfast or in the hallways.
When I saw him in class he always walked quickly out the door first before I could address him.

I missed him so much..

and I wanted to tell him that over and over again but he wouldn't give me the chance.

-

Days passed and notes went around the classes about a masquerade ball.
Soon people were looking for dates, dresses and masks for the upcoming ball.
I only wanted to go to the ball with one person, and he avoided me every day, every hour.

And the day I saw and spoke to him again was not some ordinary day, I was in the infirmary.
How did I get there? Well, let's go back two days.

-Two days ago-
I was with Garreth investigating his new experiment.
We walked through the woods looking for mushrooms, fireflies, a spider's tooth and mongrel fur.

What exactly we were going to brew was Garreth's biggest secret, but I had to come along and look for the materials. After all, in his eyes I was the best seeker and farmer in the school and knew how to find all the secret places through my wild adventures.

We walked whirling and whistling through the forest and had the greatest fun as we sang songs and made jokes. Garreth was always like a big brother to me and we took good care of each other. He made me forget Ominis for just a couple of seconds and i loved him for that sweet distraction. Somewhere I always thought he had a secret crush on me, but never dared to ask.

We had already gathered 3 of the 4 ingredients and just needed a piece of mongrel fur.
On top of the white mountain in the black forest was a cave, a mongrel cave.
We crept toward the cave, dodging the large holes in the floor made by spiders.

I knew if we were in danger I had to do all the spells, Garreth knows a few too.... But he is always more concerned with focusing on his potions and failed experiments than spells.

With my wand ready I walked into the cave, it was empty.
No Mongrel to be seen and no loose fur and teeth to be found on the ground

*Hmm strange, this cave seems uninhabited*.

I heard a loud scream from outside the cave and quickly ran towards Garreth.

He was in battle mode with his wand in his hand and pushed me backwards. I looked past him and we were face to face with a large white wolf. Garreth stepped towards the wolf and it started to growl.

''Don't step forward Garreth, stay low'' I said as I pulled him down.

The white wolf followed our movement as we slumped down, low to the ground.
I looked up into the wolf's eyes and saw yellow brown eyes, they seemed to be sadness and pain.

I crawled in front of Garreth and conjured a piece of meat in front of the wolf's nose, held my hands in the air and stared directly at him. The wolf looked at me, at the piece of meat and stepped toward me. I sat still, so still while the wolf smelled my face. I closed and opened my eyes and stood face to face with the white wolf. He nodded, grabbed the piece of meat and walked away.

I stood up and grabbed Garreth's hand.

''And now, now we're going to run!" I whispered as I pulled him along through the forest.

Behind us I heard the wolf howling and running over the branches leaves and tree stumps in the forest. He was getting closer and closer; he was faster than us.